CHAPTER THREE

Happy Times

MY FIRST WEEK OF HUMAN HIGHSCHOOL HAS PASSED and I couldn't be anymore happier.

So many good things were happening. Jamie made a public apology, both on social media and at school. Everyone eventually forgave her.

Jamie was also getting super close with Emaya. And I think something's going on there, it's just nice to know that Maya has a second chance at love.

I was making new friends on the daily and was getting closer to people like Paul, Jared, Embry, Jake, Quil, Leah and even Seth.

Vals and I were closer than ever, she always had my back and I always had hers.

It was Saturday morning and I was feeling fresh so I decided to go for a run.

I played my 'Good Vibes' playlist and put on my headphones as the song 'Hello' by Aqyila, began to play and so did my run

=
While on my run, I sense footsteps behind me and climbed up the nearest tree.

I look down to see Jared.

"Damn girl, you can climb" he snickers. "Damnit Jared, I thought you were someone else" I climb down and pause my music.

"No problem" he shrugs. "You normally come on this route?" He asks.

"Nah this is my first time" I reply.

"Jared come on!" I hear a deep voice in this distance.

I turn to see Paul with a guy that had those same dark brown eyes. Both shirtless, my oh my.

"That's Sam, he's two years over us. He also lives on the rez and he's our friend" Jared informs me.

"Oh, you guys sure do hang out often" I note. "Yeah, it's kinda a guy thing" he chuckles.

Jared then whistles for them.

They come jogging towards us.

"Hey Maliyah" Paul greets.

We do our handshake which involved our favourite animals. For wolf, we did a short howl and for fish, we blew a kiss to each other to resemble their pouty lips.

Jared learnt it too.

"Sam, this is Maliyah. The girl I was telling you about" Jared introduces.

"You speak about me?" I tease Jared and he looks away, blushing.

I chuckle before holding out my hand. "It's nice to meet you, Sam"

He shakes my hand. "You too, Maliyah" He gives me a tight grin as we keep eye contact.

"So.. will we see you at party?" Paul breaks our contact and I take my hand back.

Jared looks between us before smirking.