Dylan, who had been standing at the staircase, listening to our conversation, walked to Luciano and rested his hand over his shoulder lazily.

"Take it easy, kid. She just loves bullying people.", Dylan said matter-of-factly.

"You're one to talk.", Fiorenzo retorted flatly.

"Ren has just met us, so she must be confused. Once she gets to know us better, she'll know how much more charming I am than you.", Luciano gave his brother an arrogant smirk.

"Once she gets to know us better, she'll know how annoying you are.", Fiorenzo mocked.

"She'll like me more than you.", Luciano argued.

"Not gonna happen. Everyone likes me more than you.", Fiorenzo stated in a playful tone.

"Alright, boys, time up.", I intervened.

I could see Luciano's changing features and recognized right away that he would sulk about it the whole day if he's teased any longer. In a way, he reminds me of Ashton, but a little more cheerful and friendly.

Fiorenzo gave me an apologetic look, but I smiled gently in return, dismissing any awkwardness.

My phone started ringing with Sarah's name flashing on the screen. I pressed the power button to silence the call. I cannot answer it in front of everyone. But I need to call her back soon since she would be worried.

"I need to leave.", I stated calmly, looking at Dylan, Luciano and Fiorenzo.

"Now?", Dylan frowned.

"But it's only been a few minutes since you arrived. We didn't even talk properly.", Luciano stated, disappointed.

"Some other time maybe.", I gave him a small apologetic smile.

"You'll come back by night, right?", Dylan asked, doubtful.

I couldn't answer.

How could I let myself get so close to these kids?

I maintained distance from everyone until I met them.

In fact, everything started going wrong the moment I stepped into this mansion.

I let emotions surface subconsciously and in turn invoked affection in the kids.

I should've been careful. I should've been mindful.

"Ren", Fiorenzo called me.

Before I could speak up, we were interrupted by their grandmother.

"Why're you flocking around her all the time?", Bianca commented, displeased, grabbing our attention.

Tsk.

I'm too frustrated to face this woman at the moment.

"If you keep following around her like this, people will misunderstand.", she chastised.

"Misunderstand what?", Dylan scoffed.

"When Vince gets married and his wife comes home, what would she assume seeing this woman loitering around our house whenever she likes?", Bianca questioned, her tone holding contempt.

I froze hearing her words.

Wife?

"But, the one Vince would marry is R-", Luciano was replying, but Fiorenzo gestured to him to stop and he paused mid-sentence.

"What -", Dylan started, but Bianca cut him off.

"We've searched for a great match for Vince and he even promised your father that he will meet that lady. Consider the alliance fixed.", Bianca informed seriously.