Dance with the devil Ch 6

Chapter 6

I was walking around Gotham streets. My brother Sam has called my parents that I'm missing. They're probably thinking that Joker is behind this. It started raining, and it was cold. Great. It's already 9 PM... I need to find Joker now, or at least a place to stay for the night. I can't go home, or to Amber's house. Then I remembered Rachel. I walked to the hotel, hoping that Rachel would be there. I knocked the door. Rachel opened the door, thank God. "Hi..." I said quietly. "Come on in." Rachel said. "I kinda need a place to stay..." I muttered. "You aren't gonna kill me, are you?" Rachel joked. "N-no! I can't just go home right now..." I said. "Is.. Amber okay?" She asked. "Yeah..." I said. "Good to hear that." Rachel smiled. I smiled back. "You can sleep on the couch." She contuined. "Thank you so much!" I said. "You're welcome!" She laughed. I feel terrible for almost killing an amazing woman. She is so nice to me even though what I did.

It was getting late and I just layed on the couch. Does Joker want me back? He let me go. Or was I only a game for him... After thinking for hours, I decided to leave. Rachel wouldn't be safe with me. I couldn't sleep anyway. I quietly left the hotel and I was walking around the streets again. At midnight. I knew very well how dangerous Gotham was at late. I heard footsteps behind me. I was getting nervous, because the footsteps came closer. I started walking faster. That person grabbed my arm and pulled me to an alley. "Hello there, sweetheart." He said. I couldn't see him at first, but I already knew who he was. The person I was looking for. Joker pinned me against the cold and dirty brick wall. "Why are YOU wondering here in the middle of the night?" Joker laughed. I don't know if I should tell him that I was looking for him, so I'll just lie. "I was on... a walk." I managed to say. "A walk, huh? You escaped from the hospital to just walk around? Your family is searching you with cats and dogs and you decided to take a walk?" Joker asked. "How do you-" I said but Joker put his finger on my lips. "Shh... No more talking for today." Joker said and pressed his lips against mine. At first I tried not to kiss him back, but I did. He pulled back. "You were looking for me." Joker grinned. "How did you know that?" I asked confused. "I got my ways." Joker laughed. I didn't say anything. Suddently a police car drove by. "See? I told you they are looking for you." Joker said. I smiled at him. ''Go home.'' Joker said and let me go. ''Wh-what?'' I asked him. I was very confused. ''I don't need you anymore.'' Joker said. I just stared at him. ''Why do you think I let you go?'' Joker laughed. My heart was in million pieces. I just couldn't believe what he said. What about when he said I was his, forever. Was that only just a game? No, I was only game. I never meant anything. Joker looked at me for a while, then left. I didn't move, just stood there. I started walking again for a while, not thinking anything else but Joker's words. I couldn't walk for long, I just fell on the ground crying my eyes off. I cried and cried without stopping. Then I felt someone grabbing my shoulder. ''M-Miriam?'' Sam asked. I looked at him. ''What happend?'' Sam asked and pulled me up.

I didn't say anything. Sam hugged me tight. ''I was so worried... Did Joker do something?'' He asked. I pushed Sam away. ''I'm sorry...'' I said crying. ''About what?'' Sam asked confused. ''I need to find Joker. I have to be with him.'' I said. ''You are just shocked.'' Sam said. ''NO! I AM NOT!'' I shouted and started running. ''MIRIAM!'' I heard him shout. I didn't look back, I just ran. "Stupid Joker... I will be with you..." I muttered as I cried and ran. I ran for a while and at one point I stopped. Where will I go? What will I do? I looked around. I walked to a dark alley, and slept under a box. Like a homeless person.

It was morning and I woke up as more and more cars drove by. I need to find Joker. I wondered in the Gotham streets the whole day, in my wet dirty clothes. Everybody probably thought I really was a homeless person. Next day, same thing. But on the third day, I was too tired and hungry. I couldn't walk well. I was next to Wayne Tower. I heard gun shots and people were running out of the tower. What is going on? Why is everyone running? I walked in the Wayne Tower, and took the elevator up. I was in a huge room, people standing in shock. The Joker and his henchmen had attacked here. I tried to see through the crowd and there he was. With Rachel. I heard him talk. "I should have killed you already." Joker laughed. Rachel was struggeling. "So, I'm going to do that now." Joker giggled. "Please don't!" Rachel cried. Joker just laughed at her. Then Joker threw Rachel out of the window akd Batman jumped too to save Rachel. Joker turned around and looked at me. He looked suprised. Joker walked to me. "Well look who's here." He smiled. All the people around me just stared and didn't do anything. "Didn't I tell you to go home?" Joker asked me. "Yes." I said firmly. "Well, you don't seem like you've been home for the past days." He said. I shook my head. Joker took his knife. "Look, I told you I'm done with you." Joker said. "What about everything you said before?" I asked. "I already found a replacement." Joker laughed. I felt a single tear on my cheek. "So... I never meant anything?" I asked quietly. "Meant? Haha! You were just a game." Joker laughed. "I... loved you." I said. Joker stared at me for a while. He didn't say anything. He came closer and hugged me. "I love you." He whispered in my ear. I started crying. Then he stabbed me. On the back. He took a few steps back. "....Miriam." He said. I fell on the floor. Blood all over me. I saw Joker leave the room, leaving me on the floor. Then it was all black. I didn't hear anything. I quess I just died.

I died, because I danced with the devil.