18) Birthday Party- 2

Ashi walked over to Arjun with a convincing pout and sat down next to him.

Arjun frowned- "Kya ho gaya, baccha?"

She just gave him a soulful look but didn't answer his question!

Arjun- "Aki ne daanta tujhe? Ye ladka! Isse toh mai--"

Ashi shook her head. Her dada always went off track!

Arjun frowned yet again- "Look Ashi. I am not playing this guessing game with you. Seedha seedha bata kya hua hai." Though his voice was gentle yet it had an edge of irritation.

Ashi took that as a sign to not test him further and decided to spill the beans.

Ashi sadly- "I lost my bracelet."

Arjun- "Kaun sa bracelet?"

Ashi- "Woh aai wala bracelet!"

Arjun- "What? Aise kaise kho gaya?"

Ashi- "A-arey matlab Ghar me hi hai! Maine subah pehna tha par ab haath se kahi gir gaya..."

Arjun- "Dhyaan rakhna chahiye na,Ashi? Kya irresponsibility hai yeh?"

Ashi pouted- "Daanto mat ab aap!"

Arjun- "Toh kya karu tu bata!"

Ashi- "Bracelet dhundo Mera!"

Arjun shook his head- "Abhi Ghar me guests hai na? Unke jaane ke dhundenge. Chal tab tak cake cut kar le."

Ashi- "Noooo! Mai Bina bracelet ke cake cut nahi karungi. Pehle bracelet dhundo phir cake cut hoga!"

Arjun sighed. He must have known that she won't ever dream of doing that. This was something Roshni had started. She had always made sure that little Ashi wore the bracelet that their mother had gifted her, on every birthday. Even after she left them, the habit had stuck with her.

Ashi- "Maybe store room me hoga..."

Arjun- "Waha kaise jayega?"

Ashi told him her well practiced theory- "Main jab ball se khel Rahi thi toh woh store room me chala gaya and Mera haath kisi cheez se toh takraya tha...maybe wahi kahi gira ho."

Arjun- "Then go get it!"

Ashi shook her head,pretending to be scared- "No dada! It's too dark there. Don't you know the monster from under my bed resides there!"

Arjun amused- "I thought he lived under your bed?"

Ashi shook her head,playing along- "You casted him away a few years back, remember? So he made the storeroom his hideout!"

Arjun shook his head at the logic and pulled her cheek. Sometimes, she managed to be too cute!

As Arjun walked towards the storeroom, Ashi made her way to Sakshi who had just returned after attending an important phone call.

Ashi- "Aapne dada ko dekha?"

Sakshi shook her head but frowned when she found herself pouting adorably.

Sakshi- "Kyaa ho gaya, baccha?"

Ashi's spirit tose as she heard the word 'baccha' from her mouth. A term of endearment that only two women had used for her so far. Her aai and her Vahini! Even the smallest bits of doubts she had evaporated in the air with that. She hugged her.

Sakshi was shocked but hugged her nonetheless. The girl always pulled at her heartstrings. She made her motherly instincts surface crazily!

Ashi smiled in her embrace. But then she reminded herself that she'll need to implement her plan!