17) Birthday Party-1

The next morning, Ashi woke up with a big smile on her face even before her dadu brutally dragged her out of her dreamland. She looked at the clock and pouted. It was just shy of 5! But then she smiled again. The sooner, the better.

An evil smile played on her lips. Perhaps she must wish Good Morning to her dear brothers. Her eyes fell on the JBL kept on the table. She had downloaded loud Bollywood songs in it just a week back. But she forgot to inform her brothers. She'll do just that!

She sneaked into Aki's room and smirked at his sleeping form. All those sleepy mornings and his annoying voice came rushing to her mind. He's gonna pay the price today!

She looked around the room and walked towards the curtain covered windows. She placed the device behind the curtains and turned it on. The device took 10 seconds to turn on and start playing the first song. In the meanwhile, she ran towards the door and yelled in full volume,

"Rise and Shine,dadu!"

Aki's opened his eyes groggily and was startled when a mentally disruptive song started playing on full volume. He fell down the bed as the sleep flew away from his eyes.

Ashi closed the door behind her and walked away laughing. Served him right for tormenting her sleep!

She bit her lips as she contemplated whether or not to go in her dada's room. Well if it would have been any other day then forget her dada, she wouldn't even have dared to enter her dadu's room! He would have grilled her on high flame for such an offence. Both of them would!

But it was her birthday today! Neither of them would dare to raise their voice on her,much to her advantage.

She peeked into her dada's room and smiled. She walked upto his bed. Her smile dimmed as she looked at him sleeping peacefully.

She quietly sat down next to him as her eyes misted. He looked so serene while sleeping. Absolutely carefree! Something she wished to see in him when he was conscious and awake. There was always some unknown restlessness in his eyes. Something he always covered with his anger. But he was her dada, her father in every true sense. If a father knew how to read his child's eyes then a child knew too. She might not show it but she was well aware of the turmoils in their life. The sole reason why she tried he level best to balance his sorrow with her joy.

Arjun's sleep broke as he felt some weight shift on the bed. His instincts heightened as his body stiffened in the alien presence. He opened his eyes and relaxed when he found Ashi sitting on his bed staring into space.

Arjun- "Ashi?"

She blinked away her tears and gave him a cheerful smile.

Ashi- "Jaldi se mujhe wish Karo."

Arjun played dumb- "Good Morning, Ashi."

Ashi gave him an annoyed look- "Arey ye nahi!"

Arjun- "Toh kya?" He asked sitting up.

Ashi crossed her arms over her chest and pouted. Arjun chuckled.

Arjun- "Happy Birthday, baccha."

Ashi gave him a wide smile and hugged him. He hugged her back tightly.

Arjun- "Chal ab so jaa. Subah ke 5 baj rahe hai!"

She shook her head- "It's my birthday today!"

Arjun sighed. He would celebrate if the little brat gets up at 12 on her birthday. That would certainly mean less trouble.

Arjun- "So Jaa,Ashi. Warna phir tu shaam me enjoy nahi kar paayegi. I'll wake you up by 8. Come on sleep."

Ashi shrugged. That did sound reasonable. Moreover, she needed to be fresh in order to implement her plan!