2) A Normal Day

Check out the description added in Character Sketch!

^^^^^^^^^^

Aki was glaring at Ashi who was trying her best to melt him by giving him her puppy eyes. However this time Aki stood stern. This was not acceptable! She can't go around beating kids of the locality and that too the kids who were double her size.

"Kya soch ke jhagda Kiya tune Akshita?" Aki asked sternly.

So they were on full name terms now. Not a good sign! she thought and looked defensively at him.

"Woh Rocky ka baccha humesha dusro ko bully karta hai, dadu! Mujhe gussa aaya toh thok diya use Maine!" she said angrily.

Aki whacked her head hard. "Language dekh apni. Tujhme aur ek roadside aware insaan me kya difference reh Gaya hai, Haan?" he scolded her.

That made Ashi pout. "Sorry...par sirf language ke liye! Use maarne ke liye nahi!"

Aki glared  sternly at her. She looked down and hugged him. "Aap gussa mat Karo na dadu. Abhi aapko mujhe Dada se bhi toh bachana hai."

Aki sighed. That was another problem. Rocky's overdramatic mother would not leave the chance of complaining about Ashi to Arjun. She would question Arjun's parenting and that would make Aki want to break her nose irrespective of her gender! 

However the bigger problem was Arjun's disappointment. He never showed it but he was tired. He already had a lot on his plate. The constant crime rate of the city, his quest for Sikandar, grief of their Vahini's demise and then on top of it, their responsibility. He had wanted to help him with Ashi as much as he could yet little Ashi was determined to never make it easy for either of them. Not that he expected her to...she was a child afterall. She had no idea about their Dada's constant inner turmoils.

"Dada se bachna hai toh abhi chal aur Rocky se maafi maang, uski aai ke saamne." he said hugging her back.

Ashi clicked her tongue. "But mujhe sorry feel nahi ho raha." she told him without breaking the hug.

"If Dada gets to know this then you'll definitely feel very sorry!" he told her.

"Know what?" Arjun's voice came through.

Both Aki's and Ashi's eyes widened at that. What was their Dada doing home at this decent hour!? They stood there dumbfounded.

Arjun looked at them suspiciously. Their stance screamed that they had yet again managed to find trouble. Or better said, trouble had managed to pin point them.

"Tune koi gadbad ki kya Ashi?" he asked her. 

Ashi looked at Aki who slightly shook his head clearly asking her to keep her big mouth shut. Ashi looked and Arjun and shook her head looking down. She can't lie to him looking into those eyes that held so much love and concern for her. Aki exhaled slightly.

However his trance was not lost to Arjun. He crossed his arms over his chest and gave him a forbidding look. Aki gulped but decided to try his luck.

"Woh dada...camp me na isne apni ek friend ko bohot ignore Kiya apne dusre friends ke saath rehne ke liye. Haina Ashi?" he asked her with a 'play along with me' look.

Ashi looked at him confused. "Hain?" she asked but on receiving Aki's tight lipped smile, the bulb lightened on her head. "I mean Ha...ha woh bechari bohot sad ho gayi thi."

"Toh Maine isse kaha ki usko phone karke sorry bol de. Toh yeh bolne lagi ki she doesn't feel sorry." Aki continued.

Arjun looked at Ashi and asked "Why?"