Chapter 3: House Party

Diana POV

The class crowded around Marinette's dad as he shows us the way to making delicious macaroons.

"I've always wondered what your secret is with making these macaroons." I said.

"I'll let you in on a little secret. I always add cream to the chocolate to make the ganache extra velvety. Then I let it infuse for one minute." Mr Dupain Cheng answered.

Daniella  films with her phone, whispering to Sofia, "This would go well with my blog."

"I'm sure it will." Sofia replied with a wink, much to Alya's and Marinette's chagrin.

"Urgh! Do they seriously think I'm going to get my hands dirty, cooking like some maid? If I want a croissant, I'd just make my butler get it for me." Chloe called.

"He's not making croissants, Chloé. Those are macarons!" Rose corrects her.

"Anyway, it's all done with a flick of the wrist. But you mustn't go too fast or you might splash yourself!" Tom continued.

"And soil my Chenal pants? Who's he kidding?" Chloe added.

"And voila.Look at this lovely emulsion." Tom said as he showed us the bowl.

"It's beautiful." Rose gushed.

"I can't believe that Nadja fired me from babysitting. I bet that bitch Sofia is behind this." Marinette whispered to Alya. 

I looked to the side and saw Chloe whisper something in her phone.

As her dad called Marinette, the fire drill started beeping.

"You know the drill, students!" Ms Bustier called.

Quickly, we started to form a line at the door and exited the classroom. I looked over and saw a smirk on Chloe's face. Sadly, so did Marinette.

Timeskip

"So, some smart aleck had the bright idea of calling the fire department." Mr. Damocles explains as the students look at each other in confusion, while Chloe was filing her nails. "Somebody amongst us thought it would be funny to waste the fire captain's valuable time."

"My money's on Chloe." Marinette whispered to Alya.

"You seeing her make a phone call isn't solid proof." Alya whispers back, much to Marinette's annoyance.

"Sir. I can confirm I saw a student leaving the classroom right before the alarm went off. It must have been them." Chloe called out.

"Really? Who was it?"

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng." Chloe announced.

 The students gasped and looked at her.

"Marinette, do you have something to tell the firefighter captain?" Mr. Damocles crosses his arms.

"Hey!" Alya shouts, "I know for a fact that Marinette didn't even have her phone on her when she went out of the classroom!"

"Mr. Damocles, I must be heading out." the fire captain told him.

"Just one more second. We're very close to discovering the truth." Mr. Damocles says as the firefighter captain sighs.

"It wasn't me! If anything, it could be Diana since she hates me!" Marinette angrily points at Diana.

"Hey! Diana would never pull a prank like that!" Daniella defends her big sistser.

"And the fact that you're still throwing people under the bus proves you haven't learned your lesson from last time." I added, thinking back to Rogercop.