Prologue: "The Fall of a Kingdom"

Start from the beginning

"Wait!" Before she could speak, Superman dropped her near the Power Plant of Happy Harbour without waiting for her reply, "I was going to ask if you'd be my guardian..."

The girl saw the red and blue blur take down the thieves that tried to blow up the power plant, "Amazing...And he's not permanently damaging them. Kal-El, son of Jor-El. He is strong indeed."

She noticed that some of the thugs were taking innocent people hostage, threatening the hero they call Superman if he moved closer he'd blow him, the hostages, and the power plant.

"Drop the grenade down!" Superman ordered, but the criminal shaking with fear, didn't listen, "No way in hell! If I'm going down, I'll bring the rest of you with me!"

"Help us!" Some of the hostages grew desperate and were moving solely on animal instincts when they were scared.

The criminal's allies tried to attack Superman but he effortlessly dodged them before pinning them somewhere they wouldn't be able to get out of.

The criminal with the detention button laughed, "I swear, I'll do it!"

More criminals appeared near the power plant, surrounding the perimeter. This made Edenia'a Princess look in worry for Superman, "Oh, no! He needs help."

"Get him!" Some of the thugs ran to the Man of Steel but were taken down in less than a second.

"You asked for it!" As the criminal was just about to press the button...someone punched him, forcing him to let go of the trigger device.

Using their super strength, they jumped into the air to create a massive shockwave to push the rest of the thugs.

With a hood on, the mysterious person took down the rest of the thugs without a sweat, and saved the hostages, "Oh! Thank you so much!" Some of them thanked the person as they bowed, "It is an honour to serve you all."

Superman looked in shock, "Wha..."

"Superman. Superman...! Superman! Can you hear me? Is the situation dealt with?"

The said hero jumped at the sound, "A-Ah! Y-Yes!" He replied, "Everything's fine, Batman."

"Clearly, it isn't by the tone you were giving me."

The Kryptonian flinched slightly, "Were you there the whole time?"

The shadow knight only stared at his teammate, "No. But I was there when I saw you give an unknown girl a ride to the clouds."

Clark sighed, "Yes, yes. I'll explain, but I need to find her now."

The mysterious person removed their hood and ran towards Superman and Batman, "Kal-El! I did it! Did you see it?"

The Man of Steel stood there in surprise, Batman only raised an eyebrow, "And this is...?" the detective started.

Arendia looked in confusion, not used to Earth customs, "Ahem! This is Arendia Argyros. She is an Edenian, from a planet named Edenia. She's the Crown Princess and her planet and mine are sister planets. Or was...." Superman summed up everything, even going as far as explaining why she was here.

The girl smiled at Batman, giving him a polite bow, "Greetings. My name is Arendia Argyros as said before, I am a Princess from Edenia. It is nice to meet you!"

Batman looked at the kind teenager before looking at Superman, "I see...In that case, you defeated the crooks and saved hostages. I can deem you trustworthy on my level. Call me Batman."