Chapter 19

Pov. Storyteller

Lobo was sitting with Rory at a table drinking some wine while taking in the view of the city below.

- You said you wanted to vent - Said the Raccoon as he watched the wolf enjoy the view somewhat thoughtfully.

Rory took a bite of his chicken shell and kept chewing while Wolf seemed to be getting ready to vent to him but didn't seem to know where to start.

Wolf took another sip of wine and licked his lips.

- I think you'd better drink this slowly or dilute it with a little water, this wine is very strong - Said Rory, a little worried.

- I hate my Father - Said the wolf.

- You hate your Father? - Asked the raccoon.

- My father, my Uncles, all of them. - Said the wolf and almost choked on his saliva.

Wolf started coughing and his eyes started to turn red.

- Is everything okay, Wolf? - The raccoon asked worriedly.

- I am fine! - Said the wolf sighing.

- I think you better not drink anymore - Said the raccoon.

- Since when do raccoons know what's best for wolves? - Said Wolf.

- Jeez! I think you're really getting drunk - Said the raccoon.

- When I came home, it hadn't even been that long since she had left us and him. - Wolf said sighing.

- What did he do? - Rory asked.

- He had a lover and she was there, as soon as he went to get me. - Said Wolf, shedding some tears

- I'm sorry, I'm really sorry - said the raccoon.

- I just want to get far away from them! - Said Wolf a little loudly and being a little upset.

- Speak more quietly. - Said the raccoon, realizing that the eyes around him were turned against them.

Wolf put his hand on his head and breathed a little.

- Are you okay, Wolf? - Asked the Raccoon.

- Yes, I am, my head hurts a little, I'll be fine! - Said Wolf.

- Here's some soda to cut the effect of the wine. - Said Rory.

- I don't want to, I'm fine. - Said the wolf.

- Are you sure? - The raccoon asked, seeing that the wolf's eyes were a little red.

- I am fine! - Said wolf, speaking a little loudly and making Rory lower his ears.

- Okay then! - Said the Raccoon.

- I want to stay away from them, my Father almost spent all the inheritance that my Mother left, his lovers took almost everything. - Said the wolf.

- Oops! So does that mean your family is rich? - Asked the raccoon.

- We lost a lot of money and he spent it all and even wanted to sell her wedding ring. - Said Wolf, shedding some tears.

- I'm really sorry Wolf, damn what a sad story! - Said the raccoon.

- Why did he do it? - Asked the raccoon.

- My mother was gone and everyone wanted to take what she left, I'm lucky, at least there was something left for me. - Said the wolf.

- We always had two colleges, my Father always had difficulty finding a job and so did my adoptive Mother, when we ran out of money we made very thin soup. - Said the raccoon.