Chapter 18

Pov. Storyteller

Rory went to the bathroom to change clothes, the clothes that the wolf had bought the day before were in a bag that the raccoon had left near the sofa, he chose the orange and black clothes.

Wolf was combing the hair on his head while he waited outside for Rory, the raccoon put on his new clothes and it had come with a golden chain, it wasn't fake gold it was jewelry. The bathroom mirror was high above the sink, Rory could only see part of his face when he stood on his toes, only the raccoon's two ears were visible.

Rory came out of the bathroom and Wolf was waiting for him, sitting on the couch, he seemed a little rushed to get out of there as if he needed fresh air.

- Is there any other mirror in this house? - Asked the raccoon.

- There's a mirror in my room, but hurry up. - Said the wolf.

Rory went up the stairs and went to see himself in the mirror, he was impressed at how well his new clothes fit him, the raccoon smelled new clothes, it had been four years since he had worn new clothes.

- Are you going to be long up there? - Wolf asked and Rory went towards the door of Wolf's room.

Wolf watched him go down the stairs with his new clothes and a lanyard around his neck, Rory when going down the stairs saw him with his arms crossed and a slightly impatient expression, Rory was walking towards him and with his ears a little low seeing the wolf's gaze aim towards his neck.

- The chain! - Rory thought, seeing the wolf's hand move as if he were going to grab the object around his neck.

- A chain? - Said Wolf to Rory.

- Don't tell me you took this from the store without anyone seeing it - Said Wolf, starting to raise his voice.

- It came with the clothes, you can see it on the invoice - said the raccoon looking at the wolf's face that looked at him from below, the wolf looked at Rory's face which had an expression of someone who had done something very wrong.

Rory saw Wolf go towards the bag that was near the sofa and pick up the bill that was inside it, Wolf looked at the raccoon as he picked up the bill, Rory saw him look at him with a sideways look.

Wolf looked at the invoice and then at the raccoon who felt butterflies in his stomach.

- It is true! - Wolf said and then taking the keys that were under the shelf, Wolf went towards the garage of the house and Rory followed him, Wolf sat in the driver's seat and Rory in the seat next to him.

- Put on your seat belts. - Said the wolf and the raccoon obeyed him.

Wolf turned on a button and the garage opened and the car could go out, he turned the button back on but to close the garage door.

- Where are we going? - Rory asked.

- I don't know, I just want to get some air in my lungs. - Said the wolf with a somewhat lost look.

Rory couldn't say what it was but he could tell that something was clearly tormenting Wolf, as if Wolf needed to scream or go away to get away all his anguish, Rory saw Wolf hold the steering wheel tensely and sometimes he accelerated the car and entered random streets.

Rory was a little tense and nervous, he was under the impression that at any moment Wolf could go crazy and crash the car, killing them both, Wolf had a tense expression as he passed on the other side of the avenue near Manet's restaurant, the silence between The two only increased the tension.

- Wolf? - Said the raccoon.

The wolf's ears shook and the wolf looked in Rory's direction, the raccoon had a worried expression on his face, the wolf thought that maybe because he was accelerating the car too much, the wolf slowed down the car a little and saw Rory's expression more calm.