Rory is sick

Pov. Storyteller

It was the morning of the next day, Wolf had already gotten up to prepare breakfast while Rory remained asleep curled up in his tail on the mattress that Wolf had placed for him to sleep on, Wolf had left the kitchen after preparing his breakfast and then gone to the couch to have breakfast while watching TV, he passed by Rory and thought about waking him up but watching the raccoon lying on his side with his knees pressed against his belly with his paws on his knees with his tail between his legs, Rory sighed as he hugged his legs and tail and he seemed to be sleeping very well, the wolf thought it best not to wake him up.

Wolf had placed the cup of coffee resting on the arm of the sofa along with the bread with cheese and ham while pressing the control with his right paw looking for something to watch.

Wolf took a few glances in the direction where Rory was waiting for him to wake up while watching TV and eating breakfast, Wolf thought that maybe he was just sleeping too much because he was in a more comfortable place.

- I still don't know his name or what happened to his family - Wolf thought as he looked at the raccoon lying down hugging his knees and tail and taking a sip of coffee.

Wolf looked at the television and there was a fox presenting the news and saying that those subzero temperatures were going to continue for the next five days and that it was the biggest cold front recorded in the last 20 years.

Wolf took the first bite of his sandwich then took a sip of coffee thinking about what he would do with the raccoon as the cold front would last another five days he thought he couldn't just tell the raccoon to go away because he seemed to be too young to wandering the streets alone and even though he wanted to leave the wolf, he thought it would be best to try to convince him to stay.

- What am I thinking? I don't know him - Wolf thought, turning his face away and looking again at the little raccoon who was still sleeping.

- How old is he ? What happened to his family? - Wolf thought as he took his last sip of coffee then went to leave the dirty cup in the kitchen sink and devoured the last piece of the sandwich, Wolf put the dirty cup in the sink, washing it and then drying it and putting it in the cupboard when he was returning to the kitchen. Wolf saw that Rory was waking up.

Rory woke up feeling his eyelids heavy and his head hurting, Rory stretched while lying on that mattress and it wasn't just his head that was hurting, his feet and joints were hurting too.

- You woke up! - Said Wolf as he saw Rory get up.

- My head hurts. - Rory said, getting up with red eyes.

- Are you well? - Wolf asked.

- No, my head and body hurt. - Said the raccoon.

- Sit on the sofa and I'll prepare your breakfast. - said the wolf.

The raccoon nodded and went to sit on the sofa, the wolf prepared a sandwich and poured some coffee, bringing it to the raccoon who was sitting on the sofa with his paws tucked under the shirt he was wearing.

- Are you shaking raccoon? - Asked the wolf.

- Yes, I don't feel very well. - said Rory, taking the cup and sandwich from the wolf's hand.

I think you caught a cold because you're wearing those wet clothes - said the wolf.

- And maybe, and he has the flu now - said the raccoon.

- I'll see if I have any medicine to give you - said the wolf with a somewhat worried expression because the raccoon's eyes were so red.

Wolf went to the backpack that he had brought with him and that was inside the room and searched for some medicine and there was only medicine for pain, none for the flu.

- I'm out of flu medicine, I'll have to go out to buy one - said the wolf looking at the raccoon.

- Can you tell me where the nearest pharmacy is? - Asked the wolf with the raccoon telling him the address right away.

Wolf left the house, leaving the raccoon alone and then got into the car and when he put the keys in the car and was about to drive away from there, he came to his senses and had some bad thoughts.

- Damn it! What am I doing? , leaving a stranger inside my house and on top of that alone - Wolf thought.

- There is nothing bad he can do, especially because he is a child - said another thought to the wolf

- You're wrong, you don't know him, you made a mistake leaving him alone in the house - said another thought in the wolf's head.

Undecided wolf didn't know what to do, a voice told him to help the raccoon and another that it would be a bad idea to help him.

- You know what, I'll give him that vote of confidence - said Wolf, turning the key in the car and leaving to buy the medicine.

Rory, being inside the house, heard the noises of the wolf car leaving and then it was just him alone in that house.

Rory looked around looking for things of value, he looked at a small vase made of crystal and thought it cost a pretty penny, then he got up and searched the house, his stealing instincts were coming into action, Rory searched the entire house finding only valuables but not even a note.

He didn't want to take that piece of crystal because it was too big, not even a gold cutlery that was made from a wolf because he thought they might think he had stolen it, the raccoon opened closet by closet, room by room and found nothing, he was after money, the only place he hadn't looked was in the bag that the wolf had brought with him.

The raccoon, seeing the wolf's bag on the bed, went over to it, searching pocket by pocket but found nothing, just a notebook, curious the raccoon opened it and it was a photo album, there were several photos of the wolf, Rory smiled when he saw a photo of him as a child and while looking through the album he found a photo of the wolf standing next to a red fox, Rory analyzed the photo better and the two seemed very close, Rory, thinking he had gone too far, closed the album and placed it in the same place where it was.

Rory felt a certain guilt for almost stealing that wolf, he closed the bedroom door and went back to the sofa in the living room, he felt a little sad for almost stealing from the wolf that helped him, he sat on the sofa a little downcast waiting for the wolf to return.

Wolf returned a few minutes later bringing him some flu medicine.

- I'll leave after I get better - said the raccoon to the wolf, feeling that he didn't deserve to be there.

- Okay, it just can't be in the last five days, it will be very cold and if you go out in that cold it will get worse - said the wolf.

The raccoon felt his heart soften and almost let tears come out of his eyes after the wolf's generous gesture.

The whole day remained cold, the raccoon was lying on one sofa while the wolf was sitting on another, the wolf thought about asking the raccoon's age or what had happened to his family but he felt that he didn't have much intimacy with him, at night wolf prepared chicken in the oven with potatoes and Rory, very hungry, devoured almost half of the chicken. He didn't scold him by watching the raccoon eat everything.