Chapter 13 - The End - Part II

Start from the beginning

Startled, Eryndor stumbled backward, caught by Aurelia. "See what you've done? You're not here for justice. You, bearer of darkness, are here to kill our King. Guards, imprison her!" she commanded, seizing the moment to turn the court against Rue.

As he looked further, he then saw himself he was fighting with the dark creatures coming out from the mist. Aurelia has turned into her dragon form and started burning the creatures.

Everyone has come forward to stop the mist. One of the dark creature bite him and he was in partial unconscious.

He then look in the sky, he saw a golden hue, a fire so immense that it can blind anyone. Looking much closer to the form he saw the same little dragon turned into a biggest dragon ever born As if he was seeing the God of the Dragons. The queen of all Dragon. At the closer glance he recognised it was Taimat, who saved everyone. With load blast sound he was back into the reality.

There was tears in his. He tried to look more into Rue's memories but was banished from her memories. All he could sense the darkness.

There was a growl so load and clear as if it will come out from Rue's mind and attack him.

With a jerk he fall backward, Aurelia hold him in her arms. "Look what you have done. You are not here for any justice. You the bearer of darkness, is here to kill our King. Gaurds imprison her!"

Guards rushed toward Rue. "My King, you must hear me out, regardless of what happens," Rue pleaded, her voice rising to cut through the sound of the guards approaching her.

"Guards! Stand down," Eryndor commanded, halting their advance.

"My King! What are you doing?" Aurelia demanded.

"Aurelia, I will hear what she has to say," Eryndor insisted.

"Thank you, My King," Rue said, relieved. "As I told you, after rescuing you, I searched for you and Aurelia, hoping to retrieve my grandparents and leave this land forever. But finding you nearly dead on the ground, I absorbed all the mist poisoning you to save your life. That's when your Queen accused me of trying to murder you. She had me imprisoned. In your absence, she passed her judgment and was about to execute me. Before facing death, I demanded the truth. She revealed that my grandparents had been seized by creatures from the dark mist and were likely dead. She offered to let me retrieve their bodies if I promised never to return or contact anyone from this land again—including the soulmate I met here."

Rue finished her tale, the pain evident in her voice as she witnessed her soulmate, oblivious to their shared past, entwined with Aurelia.

"Aurelia, is she telling the truth?" Eryndor turns to his queen, seeking confirmation. He suspects Rue is honest; if she were lying, the White Palace would have already consumed her.

Caught in her thoughts, Aurelia remains silent. Eryndor shakes her gently by the shoulders to snap her out of her reverie.

"Yes, my King," Aurelia replies, bowing. Eryndor lifts her chin, looking into her eyes with deep affection. "Did you, or did you not, forge a pact with this human?"

Aurelia nods. She had been safe as long as Eryndor hadn't recognized his true soulmate, Rue.

Eryndor turns back to Rue. "Even if that's true, you are the one breaking the pact. And you know the consequences."

"Yes, my King. But I am not the one who violated our agreement. Aurelia sent her people to the human world to eliminate my daughter, the only memorial I have of my soulmate." Rue's declaration sends a shockwave through the hall, piercing Eryndor's heart as if stabbed with thousands of knives.