Chapter 3 - Desert, Diary, and the Unknown Guest

"Time raced at the speed of light in this mystical land; its swift passage threatening my grasp on sanity. The line between reality and mirage began to blur, making it increasingly difficult to discern the true nature of my surroundings."

∞∏∞∏∞∏∞∏∞∏ ----- ∞∏∞∏∞∏∞∏∞∏ 

"Mother, what happened next?" Jiya asked Rue.

"Wait honey, let mumma have some water." Rue replied.

"Mumma?"

"Yes, honey."

"You used bad word."

"I am sorry. Mumma will not use bad word."

"Baby, Mumma has done a lot of bad things back then." Rue said to herself. A mischievous smile lightens Rue's face.

Jiya smiled and asked again, "Why that faerie hates us? And how old were you?"

Clearing her throat, Rue replied, "You will know. Let's continue our story. Come sit next to your mother. And for second question mumma was a silly teenager."

Kissing Jiya's forehead, Rue continued her story. All she was thinking it is going to be very hard to control her swear words. She has to be creative.

Jiya get up from the floor and lay next to Rue.

Rue continued her story.

∞∏∞∏∞∏∞∏∞∏ ----- ∞∏∞∏∞∏∞∏∞∏

Under the scorching heat, we were battling the relentless sun over our head. All we wanted to get inside the forest. However, our attempts were failed, as were under a spell to not to leave this land.

I cannot let them win. I surveyed our barren surroundings; help came in the form of large rocks and the skeletal remains of trees. With a spark of ingenuity, I constructed a makeshift refuge. A shabby shack for both of us.

Before entering through the portal, I picked the journal, 5 marbles, a feather, delicate wings, a broken wand and a mysterious black stone. Thanks to God, that I decided to bring two sandwich and a bottle of water.

I gave sandwich and water to my grandpa and asked him to rest. We have to survive this land. With limited resources, we have to be very careful.

One thing was sure, this place was not for beginners. And to know more about this place I need to read this Journal.

Wrapped in the leather cover, journal were pages tarnished by the time and dust. It has the story of our town.

I opened the journal, flipping through the pages. I stopped at first page. I can see the impressions of words on it but no ink. As if they were erased.

I flipped through a few more pages, encountering several entries, though none concerning our town. There were detailed entries on the visits to various locations, most notably a place called "Seinaha." Then, suddenly, there it was...

∏∞∏∞∏∞∏∞∏

1796, 12th December

Driven by the enchanting stories my mother shared, I left my home and city, embarking on a quest to uncover their truths.

Europe is famed as the original realm of Faeries. Unlike gods or goddesses, Faeries were their aides, barred from our world, why? A superior divine force, knows humanity's complex nature.