The Sherlock Holmes Movie

(A/N: so, I plan to write a second part to this. In this one Mary and John aren't married, but they are good friends (I didn't want to write Mary out, because I love her (say what you want, I love her, I only hate the marriage between her and John)), because after Sherlock came back from his "death", Mary realised that John needed to be with him, since she knew that John has always loved him and always will, so she broke up with him, but they remained friends.🙂)

Sherlock's POV

John and I were getting ready for another case Lestrade had asked us to consult with, running down the steps of our flat and entering the busy street. I hailed a cab, then we climbed in and told the cabbie the address. When we finally got to the Scotland Yard we got out of the car and went into the modern building, then made our way to the lift and went up to the fourth floor. John and I hurried to the DIs office and stopped in front of his desk, staring down at the detective who was at the moment drinking coffee and watching a TV series. (Judging by Lestrade's taste of series, it must have been a romcom.)

"What's the case?" I asked after Lestrade still hadn't noticed me.

"Ssh!" He shushed and raised a finger at me to make his point clearer. John furrowed his brows in confusion and crossed his arms in front of his chest. A minute later Lestrade straightened up in his chair when the cast started to run up the screen, then turned to us and put his paper-mug coffee down on the desk. "Okay, I'm listening." He said and looked up at us.

"Lestrade, you said you've got a case you need help with." I informed him, since he seemed like he had no idea why we were here. "What happened?" I asked, to which Lestrade made a little "o" shape with his mouth.

"Um, yes, I remember now." He said slowly, then took a breath before speaking up. "I lied. There's no case." He said, to which my eyes widened in shock.

"What do you mean you lied?" I asked in disbelief.

"Okay, I know I shouldn't have lied, but I wanted to tell you guys something." He said excitedly, completely ignoring the dead glare I was trying to murder him with.

"And couldn't you tell this during a phone call?" I asked angrily. John poked me in the back, reminding me to "behave".

"No, I wanted to tell you this in person." He said with a giant smile on his face which made me quite curious.

"Then blurt it out, we didn't plan to spend our whole day with you, Jeffrey."

"And what did you plan without me, may I ask?" The detective asked with a naughty grin, to which John pursed his lips and made a grumpy face, dismissing Lestrade's question.

"Lestrade!" I snapped impatiently.

"Okay! Okay!" He said and put his hands up in defence, then turned around in his chair and dropped a newspaper down to his desk, then turned it upside down, so we could read it too. "Look at this." He glanced up at us, I guess waiting for our reaction. John and I both bent down a bit and ran our eyes through it. Just when I was about to ask what we should be seeing, my eyes caught something very, very weird. John and I fell into silence as we were reading, and after we finished we looked at each other in disbelief.

"Tell me this is not going to happen." John said, turning to Lestrade.

"It really looks like it is. And the bloke who makes this whole thing asked me to ask you about it. I think it's pretty cool, and they said it won't be about your past, they only borrowed your... characters." The DI said and my lips parted automatically to say something rude, but I was out of words for once.

"But..." John started, but he seemed to be in the same situation as me, since he closed his mouth.

"Oh, come on, guys! They want to make a Sherlock Holmes movie! You have to say yes!" George exclaimed, to which John and I shared a worried look. I wasn't sure about this...