Turkey

(A/N: don’t ask how I got that idea… I think I just have a very inspiring group of friends. So just, just go along with it. Maybe not my best work, but I wanted to update something. Enjoy!

And thank you so much for reading/voting/commenting, it really means a lot to me.❤️)

Sherlock’s POV

Since Lestrade isn’t the only one who seems to be unable to solve a case on his own, I had to take another one which included leaving London. The detective who asked for my service was one of Lestrade’s old friends, and the DI of course suggested my help. He said it was at least a twenty… Now seriously, nothing can be a twenty, not even to Anderson. (Which might mean something, if you ask me.)

The victim was in his late forties, he was a very successful middle aged man, very rich and it turned out a lot of people liked him - especially women… According to the forensics he was shot several times in the chest, but these wounds weren’t the cause of his death- mainly. It turned out that drug was found in his system, it was some kind of poison that killed him. So it wasn't enough that he poisoned him, but then he shot him in the middle of the chest. Seems our murderer wanted to be sure…

So after we were ready to leave, I realised I was sitting on a plane next to John, listening to the stewardess who was explaining what to do if something bad happened. I shifted uncomfortably on my seat as I pulled the seatbelt over my lap and exhaled deeply. I hated planes. People said it was the safest way to travel, but I always thought it was bullshit. How could it be the safest? It's an enormous giant of metal that is flying in the air thousands of metres above the ground with the weight of hundreds of tonnes. If you think it through, it looks impossible for it to be able to fly. But it does.

“It’s okay, Sherlock.” John said soothingly and placed a hand on mine. I gave him a thankful look and slipped my fingers into his. He squeezed my hand and kissed it gently, then leant back on his seat, since the plane started to rise into the air. It squeezed me into my seat and I clenched my teeth and closed my eyes to try and focus on something else than the rising machine.

When the plane finally reached the preferable high, I opened my eyes and looked at John who was looking at me reassuringly. Soon I took the file Lestrade had given to me and started studying the clues, while John was resting his head on my shoulder and was reading a book. I smiled down at my blogger and pressed a kiss into his hair. John glanced up and smiled at me, then kissed me quickly and put his head back to my shoulder, still looking into my eyes. He was so adorable I could only smile and watch him. I loved his eyes, those dark blue eyes, I could always get lost in them. Actually, we could both get lost in each other’s eyes and speak without words.

“Stop eye-sexing.” Lestrade commented from the other seat-line as he licked his fingers to turn a page in his newspaper. We both sent him a dead glare before looking back at each other for a moment and returning to our previous activities.

When the plane landed in Turkey we all gathered our belongings and searched for our taxi-man, and after we found him, we climbed into the cab and told him the address. It was a long few hours drive, during which John fell asleep on my shoulder and I got to discuss a few theories with Lestrade and Dimmock. (He came along with us, just as well as a few other policemen, including Anderson to my biggest disapproval.) The car suddenly got to our final destination, so we paid him and got out of the car. We checked into the hotel and searched for our rooms. John and I were placed on the fifth floor, while Lestrade and the others’ rooms were on the fourth and third. After we said our goodbyes, we went up into our room and started unpacking our clothes.

“I hope we’ll have time to look around the city.” John said and I turned my head to him.

“We’re here to catch a serial killer, John. It’s not a holiday.” I answered and turned back to my suitcase. Suddenly I felt two arms sneak around my waist and a head burry itself into my back. I smiled, then turned around and wrapped my arms around John.