Dancing lessons

(A/N: I know, there are about hundreds of oneshots like this, but I was in the mood, so here you are!

Oh, and I changed the title!

Thank you for reading so far, it really does mean a lot to me! If you like it vote and comment and let ne know what you think.)

Sherlock’s POV

Two weeks.

There’s only two weeks left.

I only have two weeks.

People have always assumed I was a dramatic person, a “drama queen” - which was quite true, I must admit -, but I can’t think of phrasing it in any other way.

Two weeks. That’s all I have.

I’ve never thought that once I would be so afraid of something. I still can’t believe it, though. It’s something I shouldn’t be afraid of, because even though I feel like I’m losing something, I am not. It’s something nobody will or could understand - including myself. But I can’t help feeling this way.

I can’t help feeling like I'm losing John forever.

And there’s nothing I could do to change this. I will lose John - and not for just two years.

I know he will still be there, but we will never have that bond again that has grown between us - because John is getting married. He will tie himself to the woman he will always love and care about. Till the end of the world.

And that’s okay. John has finally found the love of his life, and now they are getting married.

The thing that is not okay, is that I have found my one, too.

But he was getting married in two weeks.

***

“Hi, Sherlock.” John said as he stepped into the living room. I turned around to greet him as well.

“Hello, John.” I said and forced a smile. “You’re sure you’re okay with this, then?” I asked politely, because even though I wanted nothing more than to just have at least one dance with him, I didn’t want to make him feel uncomfortable. I didn’t want our dance to be a failure for him.

“Yes, I’m good.” He replied and gave me one of his encouraging smiles which I adored so much. I nodded lightly and turned to the radio, while John put his jacket down on the sofa. I turned back to John and watched him as he stood opposite me, then looked up at me.

“I will first teach you the steps, and then we will skip to how to hold your opponent.” I informed him and John nodded in acceptance. “The first dance I will teach you is the English waltz.” I said and took one step back, so I had more space to show him the steps. “The women’s first step is taken backwards with their left leg, so you will have to do the opposite of it. Like a mirror.” I said and moved my right leg forward, then continued. “Then you will have to slip your left leg to your right in the air, and then bring it to the left side, and end the movement with bringing your right leg to your other.” I said and did the same with my left leg, closing the distance between my feet. I repeated the whole movement again, so he would see how it would look. “Got it?” I asked as I looked at him.

“Yes.” John answered and took back a step, then looked down at his feet. He repeated my steps correctly, then did them again a few times to practise them.

“You seem to get it.” I said, making John’s lips edge upwards ever so lightly. “We can now move to how to hold your opponent.” I said and slowly stepped closer to him. “You will have to raise your left hand to the height of your opponent’s eye level.” I said and John did what I told him. “Then you will have to place your other hand on the back of the shoulder of your partner.” I moved his hands up to my upper back and placed them carefully on my suite. I felt a deep blush creep up to my cheeks, but I ignored it and concentrated on John and his slightly stiff posture. I grabbed his other hand which was raised up in the air. “Like that.” I murmured and looked into his dark eyes.