10

Minju's POV

A loud sound of crashing coming from the kitchen woke me up. I took my phone to check what time is it. It's just 7 am in the morning, and I'm pretty sure that the one who is causing those annoying sounds is no other than, my Dad.

I was about to stand up when I felt something heavy along my tummy. It was an arm. I furrowed my eyebrows a bit and then my face lighten when I remember that Yunah has spent the night here. I slowly look beside me and there, I saw my best friend, sleeping so peacefully.

I took my time to scan her features. From her sharp eyes, her pointed nose, and to her pink soft lips. I caress her cheeks with my finger and I unconsciously let out a smile. It's been a while since I got close to someone. I stopped being friendly after what happened with me and Sunghoon. Ive always had this feeling that everyone would just betray me at the end.

But that feeling was washed out when I met Iroha and Wonhee, and especially this sleeping cheetah right here. They made me feel that I can try and trust again. That not all people are the same.

I gasped when I felt Yunah scoot a little more closer and buried her face to my neck. I can feel her hot breathe which made me uncomfortable.

My eyes widened when I saw my Dad coming out from the kitchen, with a pan and a ladle at both of his hands.

"Oh." Dad said when he saw us. I can see how surprise he is.

"Dad!" I said and quickly pushed Yunah away from me which results for her to fell with her butt to the floor.

I can feel a little bit of pain at my back, maybe this was the effect of sleeping at the couch.

"Good morning princess." Dad said with a teasing grin. I glare at him knowing what he would be thinking right now.

"G-good morning Dad." I said sternly.

"Ouch. Why the fuck did you push me?!" Yunah recover from her sudden fall down and look at me angrily while rubbing her butt.

"Good morning to you also, you are?" Dad said still having that annoying grin of her. Yunah's angry expression suddenly turned into an embarrassing one.

"G-good morning. I'm Y-Yunah." Yunah said and bowed quickly.

"I'm sorry for yelling at your daughter, I was just surprised and at the same time, hurt." Yunah said and narrowed her eyes at me.

"I'm sorry." I mouthed before hearing my father's laugh.

"You're hilarious. I like this girl. It's okay. I might do the same thing if-" I cut off my Dad and quickly pull him back to the kitchen.

"Be right back in few minutes Yun. I'll cook some breakfast. Stay okay?" I shouted.

When we arrive the kitchen I let go of my father's arm and turned around to face him who is now smiling widely at me.

"So, care to share my dear daughter?" He said while putting carefully the things that he is holding at the kitchen counter.

"I have nothing to share. What are you doing here at the kitchen anyway? We both know you can't cook." I said while finding some pancake mix.

"Really? Well, I'm hungry and I need to go to work early."

"You should have woke me up instead."

"I don't want to disturb your sweet moment with your girl-"

I slammed the pan and face him with my deadly glares.

"We are just friends. Nothing more, nothing less." I said coldly. I heard a deep sigh coming from him which made me raise one of my eyebrows while waiting for his reply.