death: everything, everyone, all at once

little dark age - MGMT 

☆☾

Olivia wakes up in the middle of the night with a start to a knock on her bedroom door. She quickly puts on her jeans, eyes half open and opens the door and comes face to face with Sirius Black, completely stressed, eyes wide open.

"Sirius? What's going on-"

"Harry. Ministry. Quickly," are the only words he manages to get out before grabbing Olivia's hand and guiding her towards the living room.

She doesn't have time to say anything or think about anything as they appear in what Olivia thinks is the Ministry hall. She is barely awake. Her first thought is of Remus. Where is he ?

Alastor, Tonks and Kingsley meet them there. Olivia runs towards the purple-haired witch. They all display serious and somber faces.

"What is happening ?"

"Harry and other students are inside. Voldemort has set a trap for them."

With her words, Olivia understands the gravity of the situation. Most of all, she understands that she will have to fight. A shiver runs down her spine and a taste of bile lodges in her mouth. The workouts were fun and challenging until she had to use what she learned. She swallows hard and nods at Tonks who gives her an encouraging look.

Ever since she lived at 12 Grimmauld Place, Olivia has dreaded the day when Voldemort would stand before them. She knew full well that he was back, but knowing him near her, near her friends, near Remus, was a completely different reality to accept.

The members of the Order rush down the endless corridors and doors and Olivia is already having trouble keeping up. Her breath catches in her throat and her lungs cry out for more as she can't help but wonder where Remus is.

Her worry disappears when she sees his figure running towards them between two corridors. She allows herself to breathe properly, finally. Their eyes meet. He looked stressed but she swears she saw relief flashing his green eyes when he saw her.

"This way," he says, out of breath, and the rest follow him.

Olivia assumes that the room they are in now is the Death Chamber. She barely has time to recognize Malfoy, Nott, Lestrange and Harry Potter before spells are already cast, flashing lights everywhere into the room. She observes, admiringly, Tonks hex Lucius Malfoy, giving Potter and his friend time to leave.

She sees Ginny's red hair and runs towards her. Nott follows them with his gaze and she almost recognizes the eyes of his son Achilles and she wants to vomit. He is about to cast a spell on them but Olivia protects Ginny and her with a Protego. Olivia returns a spell and tries to find somewhere to hide for Ginny.

"Are you okay there?"

The redhead looks up at her and nods, and Olivia only sees courage and she wants to cry in front of so much strength coming from the little girl.

Olivia spots other Hogwarts students hiding behind stones and leaves her there with the others.

"Stay here, please don't do anything reckless," she shouts before leaving.

Although she acts with all the courage she can gather in front of Ginny and her friends, once alone in the middle of all this tumult, her head spins and she suddenly doesn't know what to do. Too much noise, too much movement. She tries to spot Remus in the room but only sees vague shadows dancing with death.

"Hello lovely".

Olivia turns around and finds herself face to face with Achilles' father. She frowns and inhales, trying as best she can to forget the fear that inhabits her body.