burning desire

This chapter contains mature content. 

☆☾

you're so dark - arctic monkeys

☆☾

"What do you think Mon?" Olivia asks, looking at her reflection in the mirror.

The brunette ends up opting for a suit vest, a close-fitting top and slightly low neckline, but not too much, she would hate not to be suitable, and suit pants. Dressed all in black. The only touch of color being her lipstick and the scarf given by Remus which she never takes off since her birthday.

"Fucking elegant, as always," Mona said, smiling genuinely. She adjusts her makeup. "I know someone who will love this bold choice in any case," she adds with a wink.

Olivia rolls her eyes. The seventh year end-of-year dinner was eagerly awaited by the teachers, less so by the students. An opportunity for teachers to sum up their year of teaching, an extremely boring evening filled with speeches and fake smiles for the students.

"Ugh, it's going to be hell hearing every teacher give their end-of-year speeches," Olivia complains.

"Stop lying, you're dying to see Professor Lupin give a speech with his deep and sensual voice", Mona approaches her with a flirty smile, raising her eyebrows.

"Fuck off, Vaxey."

"C'mon, I'm starving."

When the two witches walked through the door of the Great Hall, Olivia wanted to die. Of course, she was the only one wearing anything other than a maxi dress. She knew it, she would get a disapproving look from McGonagall.

For now, she sticks to follow Mona towards the buffet. Two long tables were set up, enough for everyone to sit down. There were no assigned places, allowing everyone to chat as they wished. Most people seem to be there already. Mona stops at the entrances and starts helping herself to everything quickly. Olivia looks at her with wide eyes.

"Easy, Vaxey, don't choke, I don't want to end this morbid evening without you."

"Sorry, hormones," Mona mutters, mouth full, cracking a smile.

Olivia scans the room. She sees Davies in a corner with some Quidditch friends, and she has to swallow hard to stop herself from crying. May begins and they haven't spoken to each other again since the argument. She sighs and her body relaxes when she sees Remus, leaning against the table, vaguely listening to a student speaking to him. He's already looking at her and she can't help but bite her lip to stop herself from blushing. She looks away and follows Mona to sit at the end of the table.

Dumbledor stands up and that's all it takes for everyone to become silent. He puts on his usual smile and waits for everyone to finish setting up.

"Dear students, I am pleased to have you all with us for this evening before the start of the exams. I am proud of you, both students and teachers, for having held on despite the events of this year..."

Olivia is already not listening anymore. The speeches always bored her. She holds her head in her hand and lets her gaze wander over the people seated at the table. She almost wants to laugh when she realizes that few people are actually listening, or at least, many are pretending. Mona is still eating.

In her diagonal, she finds Remus Lupin's eyes already on her, once again. He looks as captivated by Dumbledor's words as she does. Olivia mouths "Kill me please" while rolling her eyes and Remus chuckles before making her understand that he wanted to smoke a cigarette afterwards with his hands. She nods, not really sure of herself, and returns her eyes to her dish which she has barely touched.