Valentine's Day

afterhours - the weeknd 

☆☾

"Just fucking drink it, Marat," shouts Mona.

The Gryffindor common room, entirely decorated in red (even more than usual), is crowded with people and one can hardly move. Hundreds of little hearts float on the ceiling. A love potion stand is run by the Weasley twins and on the other side, a bar with red spirits only.

Mona pours the rest of her drink into Olivia's mouth. The two women burst out laughing and Mona tried to wipe away half of the glass that had spilled down her cheek with the back of her hand. The blonde managed, a few hours earlier, to get Olivia to put on a skirt and a top and drag her to the Valentine's Day party organized by the Gryffindors. According to Mona, she absolutely had to get Lupin out of her head. And what better day than Valentine's ?

"Come on, let's have another one," says Mona, grabbing Olivia's hand.

"Wait, a little break here, or I'm going to throw up." Mona rolls her eyes.

"Remember, you have to drink for me tonight Livie."

Once in front of the bar, Mona makes a cocktail for Olivia, who grabs it without much enthusiasm. She doesn't trust the blonde when making cocktails.

"Okay then, who are you going to kiss tonight?" says Mona, sipping a syrup with water, her eyes sparkling.

"Absolutely no one," Olivia replies. "I agreed to come, not fuck the whole school."

"You're so fucking boring when you want to be, and don't tell me you're still thinking about that old thing that serves as our teacher."

Olivia doesn't say anything. And yet, she would like to shout to the world that yes, she still thinks about Remus Lupin, and that in fact, there is not a single second when his green pupils and his arrogant smile are not in her thoughts.

"Special delivery for the two most beautiful women of the evening," announces a voice behind them.

They turn around and come face to face with Roger, two roses in his hand and a devastating smile on his lips. Mona and Olivia rush into his arms and each grab their rose.

"God, I hate commercial muggle parties but I have to admit that it has its charm," Olivia replies before placing a kiss on Roger's cheek. Thanks to the warmth of the evening which covers his blushing cheekbones.

"Wait", Roger cuts the stem of the flower and pins the rose in Olivia's hair. She smiles and mimes a thank you with her lips. "You are terribly beautiful."

"Get a fucking room you two," says Mona. "How many times have I said that since first year?"

The three friends leave the bar to join Mona's slytherin acquaintances and sit on the sofas.

"Ouch, the sofas are super hard," complains Mona, grabbing a cushion to put under her butt.

"It's made to support the oversized Gryffindor ego," Olivia replies, getting looks and smiles from a few Slytherins.

"I didn't know that Ravenclaws had repartee," said a dark-haired man with a devastating glare. Olivia narrows her eyes, interested. The brunette holds out his hand to her, which she shakes on the other side of the coffee table. "Achille Nott, very pleased to meet you."

"Olivia Marat."

"I know", are the only two words spoken by the wizard before he sits back at the back of the sofa opposite, a flirtatious smile on his lips, not leaving Olivia's gaze. She arches an eyebrow, feeling like getting into his game, thanks to the alcohol.