Chapter 14. Salem

I stare into her eyes, watching every little change in her face, her reaction to my words. The way her eyes widen and the way her cheeks turn a soft pink that is barely visible in the dark club making her all the more enticing. I lead down slightly so that we are face to face, only then noticing the slight glimmer in her eyes as she smiles at me. God I want to kiss that smile off of her face so badly, but it's too early. She's my client. I can't- 

Before I can react, she takes my free arm and pulls me to the middle of the dance floor, her hands finding their way to my neck and snake their way around it. I instinctively hold her waist, feeling the warmth of her body seeping through her clothes.

"C'mon, you know how to dance, don't you?" She says just loud enough so that I can hear over the music and grins at me teasingly. I scoff lightly and stop myself from smirking before pulling her closer.

I lean my head down to see her eye to eye and mutter, "Of course I do, il mio piccolo corvo." before taking the lead, pulling her close enough for our bodies to touch as I dance along to the music. Bianca raises one of her eyebrows at me after I used the nickname.

"Sorry? My little raven?" She repeats with an amused look, but I can notice the small amount of irritation as well which makes me warm inside.

"Yes, that's what you are." I say simply before my eyes drift up and down her frame. "A little raven." I add, my hand moving up her side and taking a strand of her hair between my fingers, letting it slide past.

She scoffs.

"You're probably the only man who can get away with calling me little." Biancas eyebrows furrow slightly, but it's obvious she's trying not to smirk.

"Good, I like that." I mutter  feeling my own breathing get a bit heavier as we continue dancing. I can feel all of her amazing curves pressed against me, her warmth, and it's taking me everything not to bury my face into the crook of her neck and never let go. I shouldn't have come here, says a small voice in my head. This will only complicate things. Complicate the job and the business, but I push it away.

She tenses up slightly but relaxes, following my lead as we dance in the group of people. Bianca is a fucking natural at dancing, even being so close to her, I feel like I'm getting hypnotised by her movements. I wouldn't even know I started to smile if not the way her eyes lock on my face, her gaze dropping to my lips and the soft blush on her face before she looks away. Only then do I feel that I am, in fact, smiling.

Smiling because of a client- no.

Smiling because of Bianca.

Smiling for her.