Chapter 3. Salem

I stand hidden next to the wall and to the entrance, hidden in the darkness. The footsteps are too light to be Ians, they're almost suspiciously too quiet. I press my back against the wall, holding my breath. The footsteps getting closer and closer before they stop completely.

Suddenly someone turns the corner with a weapon. Thankfully I act fast enough and catch their hand, nothing went off, so I know they don't have a gun on them. That's dumb of them, but it'll make this easier for me.

The intruder was shorter than me probably by a whole head, their wrist lean, like a womans and they smelt intoxicating. There are all kinds of intruders and assassins, I don't judge, but that doesn't mean I'll go easy.

She stumbles, seemingly having trouble standing, I take my chance and quickly try to put her hands behind her but she breaks away and literally jumps on me.

I feel her body press against mine and her weight. Completely caught off-guard, I stumble, falling forward. Before I crush her under myself I manage to stop my fall with my arms and she lets go of me, landing on the floor with a loud thud.

Taking the chance she punched me straight in the nose and I slowly feel blood starting to flow out of it. Feeling slightly pissed off now, I grab both of her hands and pin them above her head, not getting up and holding her down as I feel her squirm and try to break free from under me.

Suddenly the room becomes light, my eyes start stinging before I get my vision back and hear the familiar footsteps of Ian. I look down at the intruder under me and... Damn...

What kind of intruder tries to break in somewhere while hungover?

She's pretty, sure. Smooth tanned skin, black hair that's slightly curly in a messy state all over the floor, full red lips that look incredibly soft, bright blue eyes with purple bags under them... And she looks pissed off as hell, glaring at me like she wants to kill me...

Scratch that. She's fucking gorgeous.

Ians footsteps get closer but I'm too busy analysing the woman under me to look at him, probably missing how pale he got and how his face twisted in confusion and then dread.

"Salem..? Why are you pinning miss Perez to the floor?" He mumbles and I freeze, the gears in my head turning.

Miss Perez.

She huffs and I practically flinch, getting off of her and taking a step back.

She slowly stands up, looking like someone will, in fact, die tonight and takes a deep breath, running her hands through her hair. My eyes stay on her the whole time, unconsciously moving down.

Her outfit is a mess, her blouse showing a tiny bit more than it should as it lays on her torso. My eyes move lower, her waist hidden under the loose blouse but her hips are hugged by her suit pants. My eyes move down to her feet and I see she's only wearing one heel, leaning all of her weight on one foot that's bare. My eyes automatically look for the other heel and I find it laying on the ground not too far away.

Did she try to fight me with a... What's that, like a six inch heel?

I shouldn't be getting turned on right now.

And as if on cue, I feel something on my lip, licking it I taste metallic blood and remember she punched me square in the face. My nose is bleeding. Seeing is at the perfect excuse, I turn around and head straight for the bathroom, hoping my pants don't show just how much her glare made me want to pin her down again and put her in her place.