131

<<Secrets>>

Several weeks have gone by since New Years Eve and a few weeks since Shawn announced his new album.
It's been some really exciting weeks, but somehow we'd get to manage to get out in public and to be NOT identified. Now that it's not really necessairy anymore – we are  officially a couple, and my mum told me she was fine with her eventually getting into the spotlight, too, it's not like Shawn and I needed to hide anymore.

Although, Shawn came up with the idea of me staying anonymous for a bit longer because it could suppport the hype around his album. I wasn't sad or something – the moment my name will appear on the album, that moment my life will probably change dramatically. That moment will come early enough.
Shawn though was really uncomfortable when he proposed this idea – he mumbled some sentences, couldn't look me straight in the eye – and only when I grabbed his hand to get his focus back, he said: "I just don't want you to feel like I'm using you somehow for fame and my own popularity. And I told you that we could be from now an officially a couple – in public. That's been only days, and here we go – me breaking promises."

"Shawn, it's fine. – I'm fine. I promise you, that I'm not angry or sad or something – despite the fact that it will be really cool to kiss you in public."

He looked at me quite ansure. "Remember that we've told each other to be honest?", I asked.

He did nod.

"So I'm being honest with you now by saying that it's a really good strategy to push your album and to make it a great success. I know how hard you've been working on it, and I know about your writers block. All that work and all that energy you've put in there – that's incredible. And you remember that I'm studying music business, right? So out of this perspective it's great to keep me out of the spotlight. The fans will go crazy with their speculations and they will be prepared to analyze every single word out of every single line from your songs."

Shawn smiled at me a bit akwardly, still apparently feeling uncomfortable. Maybe he was thinking about the fact that I didn't hear a lot of the new songs until now. Moreover, I could detect those old doubts about wether he was doing the right thing.I knew that I couldn't say a lot to make him feel better – listening and hugging and kissing – maybe sometimes also in another order – that was what helped.

Not long after this little discussion we've had, I went back to London to continue my studies. That's, where I am right now.

Shawn and I will do a few more recordings in the study when I return to Toronto next month. And meanwhile Shawn is touring all over america, I am going to learn as much as I can about the music buis and the industry (ignoring people like Macey).
Today I recognized how long ago it all feels – Amy and me studying together and me meeting Shawn on Wattpad.

It feels like I'm slowly leaving all the drama behind.

***

Shawn Mendes new album "heart" – tracklist - sneak peak
📝🔎

You
Sappiness
Sense
Pride and Prejudices
Struggeling
In the crowd
Back to the track
Don't (leave me)
The Ocean
Home