11. 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭.ᐟ

[the god of thieves]

❛ happiness is temporary, it never lasts, the second you remember the reason you're here and you gain back your consciousness, you're back to life

happiness is temporary, it never lasts, the second you remember the reason you're here and you gain back your consciousness, you're back to life.

.use hoefler font it't prettier.
IT DOESN'T TAKE much time for a person to forgive their own impulsive actions. but what if those actions aren't subconscious enough? what if phaedra forged herself to be this way; what if she pushed away percy knowing she will regret it later just like she pushed away anyone who showed any interest in her existence.

the quartet entered the fancy entryway of the lotus hotel, the cold air conditioning engulfing their warmed up faces. phaedra shuddered, she hated the cold. the girl would much rather wait for her friends outside, but a quest is a quest. ought to finish what they started.

phaedra was lost in her own soundless world, just like she was before percy interrupted it when he started the silent argument between them in the truck. they haven't spoken since.

while annabeth instructed her, grover and percy about the 'dangers' of the located hotel, phaedra couldn't help but notice a group of middle aged men, maybe younger strut their way over to a bar. they looked sketchy in her eyes but she shook it off.

"now, grover you take phaedra in wonderland over here. and percy you're coming with me. we're finding hermes." annabeth almost barked the last part, looking over at percy. seemingly suspecting that something happened between him and her best friend, and of course it had to be percy's fault.

grover nodded, having been told about the latest 'whatever happened at the truck'. he now had the chance to smooth things over but calmly talking it over with phaedra and putting in a good word for his friend.

"no, grover! i don't wanna talk about it!" phaedra stomped away immediately from grover the second he mentioned percy's name. declining his peacemaking offer that she would gladly accept, just not that day.

despite her protests to split up, grover insisted that they stick together, by annabeth's orders.

their little banter had somewhat faded in a second, phaedra felt a bit hazy, looking over at her satyr friend he seemed to go through the same thing.

the two looked at each other in pure confusion, but then broke into sudden laughter. though they still had no idea what had happened. phaedra seemed to forget what or where she was. her blurry thoughts were smudged out of her brain when grover took her hand and dragged her over to the game section. their actual goal long forgotten.