08. 𝐛𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭.ᐟ

[thrill o' love? more like thrill oh no]

❛ The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph

The harder the struggle, the more glorious the triumph. Self-realization demands very great struggle.

IT IS EASY TO TO BE someone you don't like, without even realizing it but when you see those traits in someone else, your sense of self returns. phaedra wasn't like that though, she would stick to being what she is no matter what.

she's a complicated soul. a fourteen year old girl who believes the unbelievable, trusts the untrusting and forgives the unforgivable, she was more of a follower than a leader—that's what people made her out to be. phaedra goes wherever the wind takes her, a transparent and carefree epitome. she goes wherever the sun is—everyone comes to her for her bright and supportive demeanor, some might even compare her to light in a pit of darkness.

but phaedra isn't always like that, that's what makes her personality a complex, beneath all that, she was still a little girl who got hurt easily.

regret and betrayal is also a part of her, tormenting her, she didn't show it, why would she? basically her trauma was caused by both her parents—triggering whatever shielded her from it.

if phaedra is light in a pit of darkness, would it hurt if sometimes she was the darkness?

she was a quiet person—not often spoken. but if she felt like it, she also would and could squash you like a bug.

the four entered the diner that ares would have to be waiting for them in, bells chiming as phaedra pushed the glass door open.

it was not hard to find the god, they didn't even have to. booming and resounding laughter was heard in one of the booths catching everyone in the building off guard, surprisingly he wasn't kicked out yet, he would probably kick out anyone who tries to before they could anyway.

"let's get this over with." phaedra sighed to herself as the four made their way to ares.

grover, percy, annabeth and phaedra all squished into the same seat as none of them wanted to sit next to the god of war, though he would probably push them off if any preteen got close to him.

"gimme a second i'm just trying to start a fight on twitter here, nothing makes me happier than a good old fashioned, burn it down fight."

"oh, so now that your relevance is gone, you start fights on twitter?" phaedra smiled, although she had no idea what twitter was.

"ah, okay done." ares chuckled, ignoring the girls comment and putting down his smartphone. "so, your quest is gonna fail. ask me how i know."

"it isn't gonna fail." percy retorted.