Blending In

"Johnny you and your cousin have been to the Taj Mahal?" Eunice asks as she, Murray, Mavis, Alexis and Johnny are sitting at a table.

"Come on. No monster's been to the Taj." Murray says.

"Man I wish I could go there. How did you deal with the mobs?" Mavis asks.

"Yeah it does get pretty crazy in the summer. But you know you just got to roll." Johnny says.

"He just rolls. That's cool that he rolls." Wayne says as he, Wanda and Dracula come over.

"Yes, yes. Cool. Look love droppings. I brought you a bagel with your favorite scream cheese." Dracula says as he gives Mavis a bagel with cheese on it.

"Holy rabies. Thanks Dad. Johnny try some scream cheese. It's awesome." Mavis says excitedly as Alexis and Johnny see the cheese screaming.

"Oh cool. But I'm scream cheese intolerant. So polite pass." Johnny says nervously before Dracula walks away with him.

"Is it good? It must be to be your favorite." Alexis says.

"You've never tried it?" Mavis asks curiously.

"No I'm afraid I haven't." Alexis says as she shakes her head before Mavis breaks off a piece of the bagel and hands it to her.

"Try a bite." Mavis says excitedly.

"Um..." Alexis says as she looks at the piece of bagel.

"If you don't want to it's fine. I get it. It's not every monster's favorite." Mavis says as she gives a disappointed look.

"No, no. I mean I'll give it a try..." Alexis says as she smiles and tries to bagel.

"Well?" Mavis asks.

"Delicious." Alexis says.

"I knew you'd like it." Mavis says happily.

"So um your dad I have to ask is he always running around and um acting so um..." Alexis says as she looks over at Dracula.

"Over protective and strange?" Mavis asks as Alexis nervously nods.

"Yes. Sorry." Alexis says.

"Don't be. He's always been like that." Mavis says as she eats her bagel.

"Can I ask why?" Alexis ask curiously.

"Partially due to my mom but it's seems ever since he lost her he's been running on over drive." Mavis says as she sighs.

"I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I lost my mom too." Alexis says as she gives a sympathetic look.

"It's nice to have someone besides my dad who knows what that's like. Thanks." Mavis says as Alexis smiles kindly at her.

"Here come good times! Whoo! Oh dudes. Oh my back." Johnny shouts as he goes by the pool only for a monster to jump on his back.

"I'm on your back!" The monster shouts before Mavis runs over to the pool as people begin to jump in and have fun much to Dracula's alarm before Johnny tries to climb up to do a dive as the pool water is drained before Dracula pushes a green blob under him to cushion the fall.