03

"Funny how you think you can escape me." The cloaked man is back again this time with a gun in his hand.

"Who are you?" I too have a weapon of my own now, a scythe.

"If you think you can find and kill me, you're wrong little girl." He chuckles humorlessly.

I launch forward to him and try to take off his hood. He fights back and shoots the gun in my chest. I look down and see blood seeping through my clothes. "Find out what makes El Mar powerful." He starts to take off his hood and before I can see his face I wake up from my sleeping state.

In a frantic manner I look around me realizing that I'm still in my house, in my bed.

"Fuck, what was that?" I rub my eyes tiredly.

A couple knocks sound on my door.

"Come in." I say loud enough for the person on the other side to hear.

Dalia comes in with a smile and hands me a letter. I raise my eyebrow at her, she shakes her head and leaves the room.

I tear open the letter and look at the folded paper.

Who uses letters nowadays?

——————————————————————

To: Cara 

Your presence has been requested in

Reyes' Mansion, come as soon as you

get this.

–El Mar

——————————————————————

What. The. Fuck!

I open the messenger app.

Me: Do you know where El Mar lives?

Ángel García: I'm afraid I can't tell you that.

Me: Why? You already told me that you're friends with him. If you really wanted to protect his identity, you wouldn't tell me about your relationship with him in the first place.

Ángel García: You're right. I shouldn't have told you, now I have to bear the consequences.

Me: What do you mean?

Me: Ángel.

Me: Ángel!

"Cara, I'm going out." Dalia says. When I hear the front door closes I sigh.

Making my way downstairs to the kitchen takes longer than usual since I'm not focused on where I'm going I just need to walk around and think.

The sound of the front door closing catches my attention. I tiptoe toward the living room careful not to make a single noise.

I grab the nearest thing I see that is a knife.

I point it outward and walk in the living room scanning around for any movement.

I walk out and up toward my bedroom. I open the door and it makes a creak sound I facepalm myself and before I can plunge the knife to my left where there is a movement from the corner of my eye, the knife falls loudly to the floor and a handkerchief closes around my nose from behind.

I try my hardest not to breathe in but fail when the only air I can get in my lung is through my nose. I claw on the person's hand and kick around.

Slowly my vision blurs and dark spots cover my surroundings. The next thing I know, I lose consciousness.