04

This is absolutely mental!

I was brought by Lucero's men to a guest bedroom and they almost touch me. Thank God Lucero appears in front of the door and clears his throat to catch the men's attention and they scurry off right away.

I thank him and he says to call for him if anything like this happens again, now I'm left alone in my large, spacious bedroom with nothing to do.

"I'm sure my aunt is worried about me, and uncle, and Dalia." I sigh and sit on my bed looking around. When suddenly a thought pops out. Do I even have clothes here? I run to the door on my left and open it to reveal a walk in closet filled with expensive dresses and more clothes and lingerie.

I guess they're for me.

I choose a nice– not so formal dress for me to wear. They're having dinner soon and I got words from Lucero that I'll be joining them in the dining room.

I make myself look presentable and walk out of my bedroom toward the kitchen.

A couple of chefs run around for ingredients and I watch them cook from the doorway.

I feel someone tap my shoulder and I spin around and meet with an old lady.

"Excuse me, I have to go through." She says, politely.

"Oh, sorry. Please." I step aside for her and she nods at me with a smile on her face.

I decided to take a walk in the garden and it is magnificent, it's full of flowers of different kinds and butterflies.

"Beautiful isn't it." A voice submerges from my left and I look there to see a man with a cigarette in between his lips, sitting on a bench.

I look at his face and see an identical feature with Lucero. "Are you-"

"I'm Lucero's brother, Rhys." He extends a hand for me to shake and I shake it.

"Cara." I smile and he smiles back.

"Nice to meet you Cara." He stands from his seat and nudges his chin inside. "It's cold out here, let's get inside, we don't want you to freeze to death now, do we?" He chuckles and it's the cutest thing ever, he's not as scary as Lucero though. He's a cuter version.

"Anything I need to know before dinner starts?" I query.

"No, other than not to make business conversations at the dining table, you'll be fine." He puts out the smoke and throws it in the nearest can.

I nod and walk behind him like a lost pup.

"Where can I sit?" I whisper to Rhys when I see most of the seats occupied and it's a long and wide table we've got here. "There's a lot of people."

"You can sit next to me or next to Lucero and they are the men who work for him, it's a must to eat together."

I nod once and look at the head of the table and see Lucero glaring at me and Rhys.

I sit next to Rhys since Lucero has been giving me the look since I walked in and I don't feel comfortable sitting next to him.

I don't look up from my plate while I wait for my meal.

"Patron." (Boss) The chef walks in and heads to where Lucero sits first. "Bon appetit."

Then the chef walks away and we are left to wait on the girls in maid uniforms to give out our food.

The scent of the food is making me high.

I pick up my fork when I see everyone around me start to eat and stab at the carrot and munch on it.