Chapter 18- Insulting myself took a bit of to my self-pride

Edane's POV:

We were zooming off in the car then out of nowhere we heard a loud crash and then a boom. I turned my head to see smoke floating off in the distance. I lowered my head and I saw debris of the house flying through the sky. Me and Carmen's eyes meet and I see her face twist into worry. The only thing that could be heard was the occasional crashing of debris and the constant purring of the car's engine. It was an uncomfortable silence and I sat there twiddling my fingers and examining dirt under my fingernails.

"Where are we going to go?" My voice was so quiet the rustling of leaves 6 miles away but she could barely hear me.
"Home." She whispered.

The car purred along the road and I recognised it was the way to the airport.
"Carmen, What about Lucio?"
My voice trailed off. She smiled meekly
"Don't worry he will be fine."
He better be. He looked so out of character there. His mother was lying on the floor, her eyes still open despite her soul's ascent into heaven.
We arrived at the airport and decided to take a commercial airline as we thought the private plane would be better for Lucio.

We rushed to the terminal and I slept on her shoulders dozing after to music.

Lucio's POV:
My fury knew no limits. I saw my girls zoom off in a car and it made me feel better. They were safe but also I didn't have to worry about holding myself back so they wouldn't have to worry or be used as a threatening tool by my failure of a sperm doner.
He laid on the floor coughing. I already poured the gasoline over the house.
I felt myself grin. All those years, I watched him haunt us with misery. The way he pushed my brother to depression and my mother to tears over his hospital bed after hospital after his failed  attempt of suicide. Don't get me wrong he is a fucking bastard who hurt Edane but he is my brother. He was fucking a young bitch raw while my mother was crying after the punches he landed killed the unborn baby.

I just stood there like a bitch and took it. Until he threw Edane. I had warned him the first time if he did something like to someone I loved, I would personally see to his departure to hell. The first and last time he slapped my wife, I took out his eye and cut his dick and balls off. I also pulled a tooth out and left burnt marks on his skin.

But he never listens. He never did. He is listening now when he finally realises his life is at an end and this isn't something he can wiggle himself out of.

I was walking out the building when the pathetic bastard latched onto my leg begging me not to do it.
I shot each of his legs 3 times down from the thigh to the ankle, so he would never have a chance of leaving.
I just donkey-kicked his face and left him in. I closed the door and barricaded with a random statue from the front gate. I got into one of the few remaining cars left after all the servants and maids and chefs and gardeners scrambled to leave.
Before I left the compound, I threw a lighter to the house and viewed it erupt in flames. Some debris flew through the sky like a rainbow. Marking a new chapter of my life. My parents did say they wanted to be cremated. I just gave my dad his gift a bit early.

I sped out of the compound and towards the airport. As I drove off, I looked back, I felt pity for my mother for sharing the same tombstone as him but at least she will of to heaven.

Carmen's POV:

I was sitting in first class with champagne in my hands and Edane on my lap giving me hickeys.

I giggled a little bit tipsy as she left the love bites. I crept my hand to her back and we were giggling. Did I mention we were a bit tipsy.

"You know the guy Lucio killed, came up to me and said I cause you guys to act irrational. He said I was a parasitic gold digger." She slurred. I was taken aback and sat up properly.

"He also said that, what is it called again, you guys are going to toss me out as soon as you get pregnant." I scoffed,

"That would never-" I was interrupted by her sighing

"It wasn't a very nice thing to say, I know it's going to happen eventually, but still not cool."

I scrunched up my face and let her off my lap. I was starting to become sober.

"You are not going anywhere. You will be with us until you fucking die."

She chuckled, but as soon as she saw my face she piped down. The atmosphere naturally became uncomfortable. She was stammering trying to find the right words for an apology, but I stopped her before she could say anything.

"Why are you so insecure about this, everyday scared we are going to leave you. Stop it." I commanded, I grabbed her waist attempting to make her sit back down again and we can just forget the whole ordeal. However she pushed my hand off and scowled,  "We aren't married remember. We have been together for half a year, and even a blind person could see that the situation isn't stable for me. Not to mention, Lucio said you guys aren't going to replace me yet. I never know when you will just switch up and decide that I should be sent to Agosti-"

"We would never, how can you believe that bullshit."

Edane's words hit me like a punch to the gut. We had always known she was a bit insecure in her position in our relationship. In all fairness we do make her feel that way. My scrunched up face turned into an emotionless expression.

"Sorry." She looked down and held her head in shame

"No, No you don't get to do that. Stop trying to make me feel guilty. I am sick of you always doubting how much I love you. Both of you. Yet you believe some abuser over me and Lucio."

I stood up from my seat and embraced her. Some tears fell out her eyes."

" Hun, we want you. You aren't a temporary addition to our lives. We want you. Always. I know we act like brats when we don't get our way and we can be so fucking toxic" I had to pause for a bit, because insulting myself took a bit to my self-pride. But this is my girl, who needs reassuring that I love her, and I don't mind doing anything to prove it.

"I want to apologise for our behaviour on the holiday. It was unnecessary and it caused you pain. We aren't ever going to replace you. I care about you so much, it fucking hurts that you could even doubt my love for you."

I kissed her softly and wiped some leftover tears on her cheek.

"When we get home, I will show you how much I love you." I licked my lips as I grazed my finger across her nipple. I caught it in between my forefingers and tugged on it ever so slightly. She breathed out, she hugged me tighter. She was so sensitive there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------AWWWWWWW. character development.

Please vote and comment. Thanks y'all.