Chapter 10- Just drive

Edane's POV:
She saw.
It wasn't anything special. It was just a guy. My ex-boyfriend to be exact. But we left on good terms so we are still friends. But he was drunk. Like really drunk. I was telling him to drink some water and rest. Then he sent a picture of his dick. I told him to put it down and he started saying about how he misses me.
Then proceeded to send a video of fucking. I was about to delete it and tell him to sleep, but Carmen took the phone.
"oh... I see."
I wasn't going to say anything. I was anticipating for her to just put the phone down and walk away.
"Who fucks you better."
Her eyes were staring into space.
"There is nothing between us, this was months ago."
Her eyes looked up to mine and I saw so much anger and jealousy.
"I was about to delete it and tell him to sleep," I got up from the place where i was sitting to try and show her.
"Look."
She looked.
Then she turned on her heel and banged the door shut.
I ran to the door and poked my head out of the hole that Carmen made in the door.
I watched her go further and further. I poked my head back to try and find something that could help me break the door down.
I was scanning around the room, my head darting in all directions possible to try and find something. I was searching under some boxes when I found a penknife. I grabbed it and rushed back to the door, my pores weeping with sweat. I tried to retract the knife out but I ended up cutting my hand.
"Shit." I cursed under my breath. The blade had a little speck of blood on it but at that moment, my bleeding hand wasn't the issue here.
With all my might, I stabbed the door multiple times. I then kicked the incision in the door I made to get it to snap off.
Carmen had a much smaller frame than me so she could easily slip through the hole of the door, me if I tried, my ass would get stuck and that would be embarrassing.
"One... Last.. Kick." I panted as I finally kicked the incision down and I could climb out. I dusted myself and made my way to their bedroom.
I stormed down the corridor, the butlers and maids staring me down.
I barged open the door but there wasn't anyone there.
I twisted my heel and marched to Lucio's office.
As I got closer, the sound of uncontrollable laughter got louder. The light of the room radiated dimly in the dark corridor. I stopped in front of the door and gazed at the sight of them drunk. Carmen was on Lucio's lap with a bottle of whiskey almost empty on the table. Their hands were wandering everywhere on each other's bodies and their words were slurring and it was quite amusing seeing them trying to have a conversation.
I cleared my throat to let them know of my presence. They just glanced at me and poured another glass of whiskey.
"Why did you lock me in that room."
My voice was raspy and quiet and I didn't know why.
Carmen got off Lucio's lap and was stumbling towards me. Her body swaying from left to right almost falling on me. I lifted my hands to hold her upright but she swatted them away.
"Why did YOU," she poked my boob and giggled to herself
She then hugged me and gripped my thigh.
"are you mad at us?" She pouted and batted her eyelashes at me.
"Well I don't know, you locked me in a room and basically don't give a shit about me."
I rambled, my hands clammy so i wiped them against my thighs and pushed Carmen's hand off my leg.
"But we don't," She started cackling as if it was the funniest thing she had ever heard.
"The only reason we keep you around is for a nice time and right now you aren't giving us a great time." She slurred, her breath reeking of alcohol and tobacco.
"Fine." I pushed her off and walked out. I felt absolutely disgusting in my skin and I shuddered as the memory of their hands all over my body. I walked out to the main door and asked the driver that drove us to the club to drive me.
I got into the car, it was night by now and the wind blew crisp in my face. We started to drive off but by the time we got to the gate, a guard stopped us.
He knocked his knuckles on the car frame and I rolled down the window. It was the same man that lost his ear.
"Comrade, they sent me to do something, i don't want to be late." My hands were trembling slightly.
"How come I have never received an ord.."
I interrupted him quickly,
"I don't know that's not my business, let us through or else, you will finally be earless." My voice raising in both volume and in an octave.
I cleared my throat and raised the window back up. The gate opened and Comrade walked away.
"Where are we heading to miss." The driver asked, he kept eye contact with me through the mirror.
"All the way to 2 ******** avenue, quickly." I folded my arms around my chest. The sight of home was so near.
__________________________________
Time Skip of 45 minutes.

My eyes were feeling heavy and my body ached with exhaustion. The muscles in my legs were crying out with pain after kicking down that door.
The heavy noise of the metropolis made me feel safe. Comfortable. The bright lights meant nothing could be hidden away in the darkness, the bustling of people meant everyone could see what everyone was doing, no one could hide.
I was about to doze off, yet the sound of a phone call pierced the environment.
"Who is it." I lazily opened one eye and looked at the driver.
"It's Donna."
"Don't pick it up, let it ring."
I could hear his heart drop to his stomach, he was scared and I would be too.
"But.."
"Don't pick it up, let it ring and drop me off and the nearest gas station."
He just nodded his head in understanding and continued driving the car. The sound of the ringtone still ringing in the air.
The car arrived at a halt and I saw a familiar prius at the lane beside the car.
I thanked the driver and gave him an envelope which I wrote while he was driving out of the compound. I exited the car and walked over to the Prius, my arms folded around my chest in a way to keep some warmth around my body. I entered the Prius and saw my brother. He looked alive with a smile so radiant, it was blinding. And it was that smile that got me into this trouble in the first place.
"Hello Sis, long time no see." he gleamed at me.
I faced the window and watched the driver ride away back into the traffic.
"Just drive home."
I pleaded with him.
He looked down, tears almost wailing in his eyes. I knew they were fake.
"you see sis..."
"no, I said drive home or has dad caused more shit."
I hissed, my nails digging into the driver's seat.
I heard a honk outside and when I saw who was in the front seat of the car, my face fell.
"I am going to kill you."
The man walked forward, each step making my stomach churn more and more.
The man was known as the 40 year old man Agosti. The man I was supposed to marry last year. His smile was repulsive and ominous but out of sheer luck in the world, my brother stepped his foot on the gas and we drove out of the place. The prius zooming out into the road.
"Whatever you do, don't drive home." I huffed, looking back to where we left him in the dust. His facial expression was nonchalant and he simply waved and grinned.
"This brings back memories doesn't it." My brother gestured his head at the photo that was stuck on the window of car. It was a photo of me in a wedding dress in the back of the same prius and my brother driving us away.
"I hate you so much." A smile crept on my face and he just winked at me. I rolled my eyes as the car zoomed away.
—————————————————————————

Please comment and vote, it makes me publish a lot faster 😭😭😭.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 🥳