Chapter 11- I never thought would happen, but it did.

Comrade's POV:
I was called up to boss's office.
The maids were whispering as I walked towards the door.
"What are we talking about you old hags." I spat at their feet. They never stopped talking about other people as if their lives weren't miserable.
"Well they found out that their little bitch ran away, and you let her." One red-headed bitch rolled her eyes and snickered.
"Ok and your man left your ass for his baby mother again and you let him as usual." I scoffed and left then behind, her friend laughing at her and her jaw dropped. I arrived at the door of the office and composed myself. I ratted my knuckles on the door.
A stern "Open." echoed from the room.
I twisted the doorknob and was met with Donna staring out of the window biting her nails. Boss was typing something on his phone furiously.
"So she just left?"
Donna's head turned to face me, her eyebrows raised.
"Ma'am she said she had both of your permission and not to question it."
I stammered, my fingers gripping my trousers. If i wasn't careful, I could lose another ear.
"So, she left with just the driver, and you have no clue where she went and we just let her?" Her voice raising, her body turned fully and she started striding towards me.
"I'm sorry."
I pleaded, my voice dripping with urgency and remorse.
"What's sorry going to do." Lucio tsked.
Then out of sheer luck, I remembered the driver left an envelope for them to receive when he cane back yesterday.
"She went to see a family member." I piped and started texting someone to bring the envelope over.
"So why is she almost half away the country, her family lives an hour away." Lucio grunted, he leant back in the chair and ran his fingers through his hair.
I stuttered, looking for words to say but he just flicked his hands ushering me out.
I spun on my heel and exited the room. A butler scurried towards me with the envelope, i just told him to leave it with Don and Donna.
I returned to my post at the front of the gate only to see the helicopter drop Edane tied up 30 minutes later. She was blindfolded and had a hand bruise on her cheek. Beside her was a young-looking man who had a black eye. He was very good-looking and looked well-kept, minus the fact that his shirt was ripped and there was a claw-like scratch on his right cheek.
I walked over to the helipad and beckoned the maids and butlers to bring in the girl, but the men to bring the man to the basement.
I watched Edane struggle against them,
"Touch him, and you'll regret it." She screamed, her voice echoing across, some people looking from the window of the compound to see the commotion. She was being very loud.
"ARGGGGGGGHHHH!!!"
I spun my head to see a butler exclaiming in pain, holding his finger with a deep bite mark. It started bleeding profusely and a zoom of black hair raced across my eyes. Seeing Edane jump on one of the bodyguards and tackling him to the ground was something that I never thought would happen, but it did.
The other men surrounding started pulling out their guns and aiming. Edane was surrounded by a flood of armed men with that guy in her arms.
"shoot ur shit, I dare you." She taunted them, spitting at the shoe of one of them.
A familiar click of heels made it way.
"Down." She fluttered her hands at the circle of men.
"You look ferrel, calm down honey."
She crouched me and stroked a finger up and down her face.

Edane's POV:
An angry tear escaped my eye and trickled down to her bony fingers. The same ones that were fingering me.
"Darling, it's cold outside, cmon in." She pecked my cheek sweetly, leaving a lip imprint from the the lipstick she was wearing.
"Bring your brother too." She smiled sickly and walked off. I dragged the dirt off my shorts and picked myself and my brother up.
And I carried both my brother and myself back to the house, all i could be sure is that this shit isn't finishing without a bruise on my body.

The walk was short but felt heavy because of an extra weight on my shoulders, I could see every few seconds Carmen would shoot me a look. It was hideously ugly.
"What are you going to do to me?"
I regained the confidence I had once had when coming here.
"What do you think is suitable for what you just did."
She gleamed.
"You lied on our names, left the compound without telling neither of us where you were going, ran almost 4 hours away from here and lets not even talk about what was on your phone."

"It was an emergency, you wouldn't understand."
Carmen halted in her tracks and walked back to face me.
She planted an innocent deceiving kiss on my lips.
"Well now, we are going to try and understand."

The sentence came out so ominous that it made my body shudder and shuffle uncontrollably.

We arrived at the door where Lucio was leaning at the door.
"Who would of thought, that your own idea would get you caught and in trouble." He chuckled darkly.
He was shirtless and trouser button and zip was undone.
I rolled my eyes at him, and walked through the door. I was met with a bombardment of nurses and doctors ready to take him in.
I reluctantly gave him to them and they scurried away, fawning over him.
I turned back to face the couple who were standing there.
They gestured for me to follow them.
I was about to open my mouth to ask where we were going but I closed it, I couldn't be asked to be passive-aggressive.
We arrived at the garden and my mouth raised into a nice smile. But I deflated it bit by bit. It was too nice of them. Everyone like them is never nice. They guided me to the paragola which was surrounded by forget me nots and roses.
It had a small wooden swing in the middle of it, which Carmen nodded her head at it for me to sit down.

I chewed my inner cheek as they pummelled me with questions.
"What was the emergency."
was the question I had to answer now, but I couldn't say. It was my family's business.
My personal business.
"Family-related"
My voice was raspy and the word came out crisp.

"Too vague, what was the emergency."
I could hear it in his voice, they were getting fed up, but it was definitely proven when Lucio took out the same penknife that I had used to free myself in that room Carmen locked me in and swiftly brought out the blade.

She stepped forwards and pushed it down on my thigh. One quick swipe and I would be bleeding with a permanent scar.

"an issue that has been in my family since I was 7 and its getting worse."
My breathing was becoming heavier and my eyes started to feel heavier as well.

"Agosti?"

Just hearing him say that name made some tears escape and I felt the pressure of the blade soften and removed with Carmen sitting on my lap and her lips kissing my neck.

"Baby, why didn't you tell us?"
I looked up at Lucio with a puzzled expression.

"What was I supposed to say, my brother is being hunted because I didn't turn up at the alter for my forced marriage to another mafia boss and they already killed my mother." I chuckled emotionlessly.

"Yeah, that's what you were supposed to say princess." Carmen cooed.

I cracked a twisted smile at them and wiped my tears away.

"You guys care a shit for someone so easily."

The slash of skin made the air thick.
Blood was trickling down Carmen's thigh onto the floor, dripping down.
"I promise to never say that to you again."
She whispered, she got off me and heaved me up.
She held my hand and dragged me to where Lucio was standing. She handed him the knife and he made a long slice on his left pec.
"I promise to keep you safe."
He pulled me in and kissed my forehead.
We all walked back to the house, the air felt warm. Lucio and Carmen were having a conversation in the front, my problems with Agosti was over, my older brother was safe, it felt like a fever dream. My body felt lighter, as if I was on cloud 9.

Then a red flash caught the corner of my eye.
A gun?
I lifted my head, trying to find where the red dot had landed.

Right in the middle of the neck.

That's when everything started running in slow motion.
The little run up to her, the heavy push which sent her tumbling forwards, the bang on the gun somewhere in the right of us. The sound of a bullet whistling and ripping through the fabric of the air. It was a horrid sound. It was an even worse feeling.

It was so close to the house, the mission was suicidal. The bodyguards standing right in front of us, and that person still decided to shoot.

I fell to the ground, clutching my upper shoulder blade. My eyes were clutched closed since the impact. I opened them to see Lucio running after the guy who shot me, a gun in hand shooting after him, with the bodyguards close behind and Carmen calling for someone to bring me to the infirmary.

I felt one last kiss on my lip before I gave up and closed my eyes.
—————————————————————————
Please remember to vote and comment, they make me publish the story a lot faster. 😘😘😘

HAPPY NEW YEAR- haven't updated in a yr 😮‍💨