Chapter 15- Everything is great

Carmen POV:
After disembarking from the plane, Lucio and I checked into a luxurious villa overlooking the sea. We wasted no time in indulging ourselves in the beauty of our surroundings, but Edane remained locked in a room in the villa, a constant reminder of that she "wasn't taking shit".

Over the following days, she kept herself alone allowing herself only brief moments of respite to use the bathroom and eat. We subjected her to the silent treatment in return, excluding her from conversations.

Meanwhile, Lucio and I reveled in our freedom, exploring the picturesque streets of Nice and enjoying romantic dinners by the seaside. But even in our moments of bliss, Edane's lack of presence lingered like a dark cloud, a constant reminder of the power struggle that raged within our family. Yes that's right we consider her family and family must stick together through thick and thin.

As the days passed, Edane's spirit began to wane under the relentless pressure we exerted upon her.
She finally from the confines of the room, knowing that she was now ours completely, body and soul. Me and Lucio decided to splurge and we got her a couple presents. Some dresses, her favourite chocolates, some roses and pastries we saw in a shop.
But when we returned home she just stared at us.
Edane's POV:
They brought home gifts and sweets like everything was ok. Everything is not ok.
(Flashback)
In the opulent villa overlooking the French Riviera, silence reigned supreme, suffocating me with its weight. Lucio and Carmen, had chosen to ignore me completely, their cold indifference cutting through the air like a knife.

As the days stretched on, the silence grew more oppressive, wrapping around me like a heavy blanket. Every corner of the lavish house seemed to echo with their absence, a stark reminder of my isolation. I found myself trailing after them like a lost puppy, desperate for even the smallest scrap of attention. Just craving for their validation, I found it sickening

But my pleas fell on deaf ears, their faces remaining impassive masks of indifference. It was as if I didn't exist, as if I were nothing more than a ghost haunting the halls of my own home. Tears pricked at the corners of my eyes as I begged for even the slightest sign of acknowledgment, but they remained unfazed, their rejection piercing me to the core. It hurt to levels I couldn't even describe.
In a final, desperate attempt to break through their silence, I sank to my knees, the cold marble floor biting into my skin. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I cried out for them to see the pain they were inflicting, but my words were met with nothing but silence.

And then, with a final, damning word, Lucio turned his back on me, almost leaving me alone in the empty hallway. I couldn't even remember what he said but in a fit of rage, I threw a nearby vase at their heads, missing it by a cm. They stopped in their tracks and looked at me. I was choking on my sobs but I managed to form my sentence. "You said you would keep me safe," I took a deep breath and mentally prepared. "Who's going to keep me safe from you?"
The silence that followed that sentence but my mouth was faster at speaking then my brain was at thinking.
"But I don't even blame you, I blame myself for even trusting you in the first place." Lucio walked away leaving behind Carmen. She turned slowly and walked towards me, her posture was uneven unlike how it usually is- poise and pristine.
She knelt down and stroked my cheek. Something that she always does, it made me feel skepical however she kissed my lips softly and wiped some tears that ran from my eyes.
"The utmost saddest thing for you is that the people that will protect you, you will need protecting against."
I felt heartbreak erupt in my heart as soon as she said that.
"Then maybe I don't need you." It left my body so silently, I was almost certain she didn't hear me but the slap across my face and the mumbling as she walked away proved my suspicions wrong.
It felt like hours passed in agonising silence as I lay there, lost in my own misery. The villa seemed to close in around me, the walls pressing in on all sides. I felt suffocated, trapped in a prison of my own making.
And as I sat there, a quiet resolve settled over me. Lucio and Carmen may have chosen to ignore me, but I will never let them control me.
But a pang of sadness hit me. This is the life I will be living for years and years until i finally get sold off to become a prostitute. Thats what my life has now become. While they sip wine in a yacht, I was left to rot away in a room alone as if I was a prisoner and for what.
(Flashback over)
The pastries were nice and buttery. I ate them with caution in case there was poison laced in between the layers of the croissant. They watched me carefully, I felt like a test subject.
"We are a family."
Lucio finally piped up after a million years of silence.
"We never want you to not need us."
He stared into my eyes as if he were going to thieve them.
"I don't understand why you are so attached to me, we have known each other for less than a year."
I spoke with my mouth full and I knew that if my mum saw me she was be so angry and embarrassed.
Carmen came and plopped her ass on my thighs.
"It's just unexplainable."
She twisted her fingers around a random braid.
We just sat there, with the occasional wrap rustling of the plastic bag they brought the sweets.
"Carmen get your hand away from my nipple."
I slapped her hands away from my chest. She groaned in annoyance and got off my lap.
To be honest this ending is too sweet. A feeling in my lower back is telling me some massive shit is going to go down.
—————————————————————————
AHHH TYYY FOR VOTING AND COMMENTING (if you haven't do it 😍)

SEE YM NEXT TIME ALSO THERE WILL BE REALLY SLOW UPDATES BECAUSE ITS GCSE SEASON YK!!!