Run

When writing a book, you should be well aware as to whether your sentence run off when someone is having a conversation.

When you are writing a conversation you should make sure that you seperate the paragraphs. A whole conversation should not be present in one paragraph. It makes the reader confused. Its hard to tell who is doing the talking and who is doing the listening.

Example 1: what not to do:
"Don't walk away when I'm talking to you Anika." Jeff says. I turn to him and give him a confused look. "Don't talk to me like you own me Jeff. I can take care of myself." I bark. "I do own you." "No you don't."

Notice how you had to read that paragraph a couple of times to really be able to tell if Jeff was talking or if Anika was doing the talking.

Especially if you are not telling the readers directly how the character is speaking, if you just put down what they say, like at the end of the paragraph, you need to make a new paragraph.

Example 2:what to do:
"Don't walk away when I'm talking to you Anika. Jeff says. I turn to give him a confused look.

"Don't talk to me like you own me Jeff. I can take care of myself." I bark.

"I do own you."

"No you don't."

Notice how you are able to read this clearly. It makes perfect sense now.

Don't forget to check out my stories. Thanks!!!!!!!