Be Descriptive

In order for people to fall in love with your story you need to have it filled with descriptions. Its important to not be too descriptive. We don't want to know every every color you used to make a charm bracelet, unless the colors mean something important and have something to do with the story.

Be careful to include enough of a description. Readers typically like to see what the author sees as he or she is writing. We want to feel what the main character feels.

We want to be able to sink into the story as if we were actually there, like that one movie, The Never-ending Story.

In the movie a young boy steals a book from a library and sneaks off to school after being chased by some bullies. He ends up reading the story in the basement of the school during a storm. The boy drifts off into the story. He feels as if he is actually there.

It's a great movie and you can really see how the reader is suppose to feel. It's breathtaking.

Example: the example for this part is located in the picture box. It's from my very own story.

   You don't only want the readers to picture an environment or how a person looks, you really want to dig deep and focus on other senses like,

Hear.

Smell.

And sometimes, taste.

   Give the readers a good description when one is needed.

   When writing a description, focus on how you want the reader to feel. Do you want them to feel scared or happy? What should they feel?