• Chapter 5 •

I ran down the halls trying to find room 113. Tears were streaming down my face and my heart was pounding out of my chest. I came upon the room and slammed the door open. There he laid, hooked up to multiple machines.

• 8 hours earlier •

"C'mon Jess hurry up!" JJ yelled through the bathroom door of mine and Lox's hotel room.

I quickly slide on my light washed shorts and pulled my black loose short sleeve shirt that said "Stilinski" bolded on the back. It was from one of my favorite tv shows, Teen Wolf.

I pulled my black Vans on and walked out of the bathroom. "Finally! Let's go Jess!" JJ exclaimed.

All of the guys, Lox and I were going to walk around town today.

I grabbed my phone and slide it in my back pocket and walked out the door with JJ.

We walked down to the lobby and saw all the boys and Lox sitting on the couch. They all jumped up and said "Finally." together.

"Yeah yeah. Shut up." I slurred. We all started walking out the doors and took a left.

• 30 minutes later •

We were all laughing walking along the beach. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I grabbed it and saw my mom was calling me. I took a step away from the group and answered my phone.

"Hi mama! How are you?" I asked into the phone. "Jess you need to get home now! Get on an airplane and come home!" She frantically yelled through the phone.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked confused. "It's Colton! You need to get home. He needs you." My heart dropped. Colton. He needs me. I dropped my phone, and I went crashing down to the ground.

"Jess!" A faint voice yelled my name. My vision was blurry and my eyes closed shut. I felt my body being lifted and someone slightly shaking me. "Jess! Jess wake up! Wake up!" Someone yelled.

My eyes slowly opened and saw Matthew holding me close to him. I jumped out of his arms and started running back to the hotel.

"Jess slow down!" They all said running after me. Matthew caught ahold of my hand and held me still. "What's going on?" He asked sincerely. "It's Colton. He needs me. I need to go." I said tugging my hand out of his grasp and running off once again.

I ran all the way back to the hotel and ran into my room. "Jess what do you think your doing? You can go alone. MagCon will be done tomorrow and I'll bring you home then." JJ said.

"Tomorrow! Colton needs me now. I'm leaving whether you like it or not." I spit out at him.

I threw my clothes and bathroom stuff in my suitcase. And threw the rest of my stuff in my carry on.

"Jess your not leaving!" JJ said getting angry. I turned around and glared at him. He took a small step back. But I took a step forward. "If you think your stopping me from seeing my friend that is struggling with cancer, you have another thing coming towards you." I said pushing him away.

I grabbed my suitcase and brought everything down to the lobby. I called out for a taxi and I saw one coming my way. They all came over to me and said "Don't do this. You shouldn't go alone. Just wait a day." And many more things.

"Stop telling me what to do. I'm going to see my friend and that's final." With that I threw my suitcase in the car and the driver drove off.

• 90 minutes later •

I just boarded the plane to go back to Omaha.

I buckled my seat belt and leaned back. What if when I got there I was too late? I knew I shouldn't have left. I should have stayed with him. Colton needs me.