THE REALITY

SARADA'S POV

As soon as I touched boruto's hand... something happened.... I went into a completely different place.... a place that I am not even aware of... I saw a girl... writing a letter then in the next moment she is completely filled with blood around her......

"DA..... SARADA!!!!!" I flinch hearing someone scream....

'Boruto....' I thought. 

"What happened? You did not reply to us for quite sometime..." Konohamaru sensei asked me...

"Nothing.... it's just.... that.... I saw something..." I say truthfully to my team.. I start to massage my head as I finally calm down.. 

'What was that....' I thought. "Let's continue with the mission, Konohamaru sensei..." I say... I could feel Boruto's questioning gaze at me when I turn to look at him and nod letting him know I am fine.

We continue with the mission while I was trying to be focused on the mission but not the things I saw... it was ugly truth... people die. Almost everyday, by anything... this was reality.. and it hit hard today. 

Since the mission was easy to do.. we finished it easily... we sat down while catching our breath when Konohamaru sensei says that he has to leave to give mission details to the hokage. 

"Say Sarada." Boruto says while trying to gain my attention.

"Hmm?" I look at him with a questioning gaze all while Mitsuki was smiling at us.

"Why were you so shocked about something? Did something happen in the morning?" He asks with a monotone.

I shake my head, "Nothing's wrong... I was just thinking about something." I reply.. I could see that he was not buying my answer.

'What was that? Was it even real?' these thoughts keep roaming in my mind when I start to walk home. 

BORUTO'S POV

I start to follow her back home to see if she was really fine or not. I could just not buy her excuse.... something happened to her. She was terrified. Her eyes... they were asking for help. I jump down the tree to go by her side. She still didn't notice me. I tap her shoulder a little to let her know about my presence.

"Oh... Boruto.. what are you doing here?" She asks me.. as if still thinking about something.

"Nothing. Just about your behavior today." I say as I look over her expecting an answer.

"Boruto. Did something happen in that dimension you went to?" I was shocked to hear this question... since no one had asked it. To me it felt like no one cared enough to ask...

I look over to my hand where I see a diamond shape mark. I quickly keep my hand in my pocket to not let her see it. 

"No. Nothing much..." I could remember Momoshiki's last words to me... was he really inside me planning his next attack?

She suddenly stops walking. "Don't lie to me. Since you have been back. Everything about your demeanor has changed... you react a little more coldly about everything.. it's as if you know something that no one else does. I really don't know why no one has yet asked you this. So tell me. You can trust me." She says.

'SAVE HER' The voice startles me as I see someone behind Sarada... he looks like me... but... but he.... has someone in his arms... someone who has died..... 

"AHHH..." I scream as I receive a slap on my cheek as the image disappears. "Sarada..."

"Boruto.. take a look at your eye. It's different. Not a byakugan.... but something really different." Sarada come over to me.. she gives me her hand which I gladly take as I get up.