Don't

This is based on an AnyujinXWonyoung Fanfiction in Chinese called "刻在心底的名字"

If you're into Kpop, read it, it is so sad I was sobbing at 2 in the morning.

****

Don't Hang Up

"Are you in the cold right now?" Yuan' soft voice echoed throughout Yujin's headphones.

She simply hummed in response.

She could barely move, her arms drooped around her sides, pulling her leg towards her chest. Pain pounded, thundered in her heart; breaths came in short, plundered gasps. She knew this was not her, but every year this time, she came to a state of agony, with not so much response as to why.

Pain: sharp, ripe, agonizing pain that shot through her. Although she mumbled not near a single word of this, her face painted with agony, brows furrowed, jaw clenched, her eyes closed as drops of tears rolled down to the floor.

"I'm coming, ok? I'll take you somewhere warmer in the hospital"

Yuan' voice was muffled, like a layer of glass panes was hiding him away, pushing, separating them through a door no wider than a coin. She hung her head and tried to speak. But the cat has caught her tongue, tissues as thick as mud and as rough as sandpaper was stuffed down her throat.

Pain, and numbness.

Sky, and ocean.

Anticeptic, and infection.

The sharp, smell of alcohol wafted through the air, down into Yujin's throat. She could only cough, or rather shake, as she tried to bat the stinging smell away.

"Hey Yujin, I'm almost there-"

Yujin was in pain, but her ears still lurched onto another voice, a voice so loud that it took over every atom in her ear, pounding into her brain, wrapping coils around her spine. But it was so soft, that it might have been a bare whisper of her own imaginative mind.

"Yuan? Is that you?"

A soft, warm voice was there. It was a voice they had heard barely a couple times before in their entire life.

Olivia.

The word was a bitter one. One that resembles dark chocolate, or a shot of expresso.

But people get addicted to those things, don't they? In the very same way, the word Olivia was smooth, velvety, almost like custard.

"Don't hang up."

For the first time in weeks, Yujin's voice echoed throughout the phone. Even so, her voice was so dull and croaky she doubted Yuan would even recognize it. She prayed, and prayed upon the shooting stars; she prayed, and prayed that Yuan would come.

She hung up.

As if the world was laughing on her pain, laughing at her choice of whom she loved, laughing at her foolishness.

Maybe, maybe she was naive.

Maybe, maybe she was right.

Days swished past, and nothing changed.

They acted foolish.

Looking back.

Pretending nothing was happening.

The faint memories of them going to work, sitting atop rooftops, enjoying the night breeze that nipped at their cheeks. They would climb through windows, just to see each other.

"Just jump over, idiot."

Yujin pouted, shaking her head. The gap wasn't large, and she was tall, so she could simply just step over. But why do that when you could put on a scene?

She pretended to shake, even sticking her bottom lip out like she was going to cry.

She smirked at herself internally as she watched Yuan become worried, his brow furrowed as he raised his arms.

She grasped onto her neck, pulling herself down from the windowsill.

Before, she stepped onto her foot, and brought herself down.

All of these are just mere memories now, faded away into the abyss of time, rendering farther, and farther, farther away. They were not fresh memories anymore, but rather dusted photographs locked away into the very bottom of her mind in a cold, icy cage, that was muffled like the morning fog onto her window.

One day, Yuan was at the bus stop, before a familiar tapping awakened him from his daydream. He turned, to be met with the familiar pair of dazzling blue eyes, pale freckled skin, and long ash brown hair.

But Yujin has black hair, and ebony eyes that resembled the galaxy.

Olivia smiled and tried to touch his arm. Her fingers just barely touched her, but she shivered at the contact.

"Don't hang up" Yujin's voice over the phone gushed over her like honey, warm, sweet, and kept him from lashing out.

But it was honey, hiding the blade.

Yuan was drunk, drunk on her words. There was no longer anything that rooted her to this place, and the voice only filled her head.

She didn't see the light.

The light of a car.

The only thing she remembers, is Yujin's voice, her worried face that was piled in tears, her dimples no longer there.

Then, she slept.

When she was awoken, no memories of Yujin were in his mind, she only remembered Olivia, who was there when she woke up. She was told that the girl was his wife, and they were newly engaged when he was hit by the car.

Pitter patter, pitter patter.

That year, for the first time, Yujin and Yuan didn't celebrate the First Snow together.

That year, Yujin died.