Flower

Based on the weird love triangle some of my friends had

***

Flower 

Scene 1 

Mesmerized

 "Tick tock; tick tock, the clocked perpetuated.

My eyes drifted towards her.

The way she laughed her eyes so bright!

She opened my heart, letting in the light.

My heart raced, picking up a fast pace.

I felt my stomach flutter, My hands slippery like butter.

The way she touched her ebony hair, how is she so fair?

The way her eyes glimmered and shined,

It really brought peace to my mind.

The sunlight dancing on her cheek,

Her nose tall like a bird's beak.

The way she cared about every little thing,

Her brain like a bell, that would go ding!

The way her hair floated across her face,

How she made my heart race.

I jolted back to reality,T

he humming turned into melody.

That's when I realized,

He was just as mesmerized." 

- Poem,  Petal, 27/05/2023

Scene 2 

Envy

Ring! The bell finally set everyone free. I sprang of my chair and dashed faster than the wind towards the gymnasium. I must go find blossom and help her with her cheer stunts."Help! Ah!"The sounds echoed in my head, the familiar voice freezing me.Blossom!I dashed at 500 meters a second, trying to find her.She needed me. I finally reached the gymnasium, panting, sweating, dying!But I froze.I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I was so stunned I crumpled to the ground, trying to call but no sound came out, as if my throat was stuffed with a paper bag.I felt like I was being punished for the worst of crimes.My heart ached and burned, every drop of me filled with hate.My best friend had betrayed me, his name tasted like mustard, but smooth and velvety like custard.Jack had his arms around her waist, stronger than l ever could; Steadier than I ever could; Firmer than I ever could.What annoyed me beyond anyone's understanding was how she held on so tight, how she gave it all her might. Like she could reach the stars and the furthest planets if she tried.She smiled.A true smile.Not the type of smile when you get an A in math; nor the type of smile you get from a joke.She was smiling FOR someone.Not me.She would never smile for me. 

Scene 3 

Betrayal 

Petal called, yearning for Blossom's voice.But nothing came back in return, except a dark glare.He had gone too far. 

*** 

The rain gushed down, like even god was crying for him.But he wasn't crying.He was smiling. Smiling so hard that his face ached, his gums felt numb.But he just kept going.The cold blade reflecting the drops of dew scurrying down the window. Dripping, falling to its death. He held the blade she once took in her hands, the one she promised to never use.But what's the point of a blade if it isn't used?The blood trickled through his fingers.Whose blood?His enemy's blood, of course.He stared out, grinning so brightly.Each drop of water showcased a part of his pain. How he cared so much, but never in vain.It was like feeding water to a black hole, endless and pointless.She promised to be friends, or more!But now, they were nothing but strangers.The tall glass looked so perfect, so clear.Just like his heart.But his heart was hollow, empty, soulless.Cold, and didn't have a single drop of empathy.But even the slightest breeze could freeze it, just like how a bit of warmth could cure it.But so fragile, like it would shatter into a million pieces with the slightest touch.His heart was locked away in a cold isolated chamber, to never be open again. 

Scene 4 

Mattered 

Rain poured from the sky; each drop as big as a bullet. Each bullet, hitting Blossom's heart. Her heart ached and twisted. Tears ran down her face, creating a puddle around her. It was her wedding day, the happiest day of her life, she had been waiting for this day ever since she had met him.Jack.The word engraved into her brain, making her cry tears of pain.For he was gone. For ever gone.

"Set her free." 

That was his dying wish. But had he thought about Blossom's wish?She can't ever see Jack again. She can't claim fate for herself and rewrite her story.No magic can him back. Not true loves kiss. Not even a wish in Aladdin's Cave or thedarkest sorcerer's spell.She smeared her tears away,Autumn rushed in, holding her best friend tightly in her arms. 

"How could he do this Aut? He was my best friend...why?" 

"Love and friendship, they are the oldest stories of time. Some people believe thatlove gives them the right to claim fate, just like some think it gives them the power to replace it. It isn't fate they seek to control; it's love itself. But love can't be controlled. Love requires surrender and faith. A trust in the winds of fate that the darkest hearts reject. You guys were never meant to be." 

Autumn sighed, then walked out. Not before leaving a note on the door.Blossom was lost in thought. Autumn's words were like a wave, washing away the sand. She had always thought that love even more powerful than life. She grabbed a piece of cake and stuffed it in her mouth. She had always thought of cake as fleeting, pointless, but in the span of one taste, she'd understood why it mattered. Because lifewas fleeting and pointless unless you let yourself enjoy it, savor it, down to its lightest, most insignificant moments. She could feel tears falling, as if she opened a forbidden gate...as if she'd lost something and found something at the same time. 

Scene 5 

White 

Blossom gently stoked the note Autumn had left on the door.There is a "gift" for you by the door.A gift? The wedding was cancelled, why would anyone leave a gift? 

*** Some Time ago*** 

Petal watched, as the pure white church was eclipsed in rain.Even so, there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. He stroked the icy cold blade.The blade she once swore on.He thought of her one last time, before the white roses he had brought was stained red.All that was left, was the scent of the flower.