The Figure In A Long Black Coat

The Figure in A Long Black Coat

Pitter patter, pitter patter-

Rain fell from the sad, grey sky. Groups of clumped clouds cried, covering up the sky. The clear tears hit the trees in the park bellow, landing top bright green leaves, before rolling off onto the concrete floor.

The world was casted with a grey hue, the sky dull and numb, colours' sad and depressed. The sound of cars honking was loud and piercing in the silence, the quickening steps of people by was crisp and melodic.

A yellow figure sat on the edge of the park, staring longingly at the groups of people hustling by. It sighed, as stale scent that wafted through the air. It shook its head, before standing up and solemnly walking away, head down, and into the rain.

A figure in a long black coat was leaning against a wall in a dark alleyway watched piercingly from afar, eyes glued to yellow's back.

The black figure crossed its arms across its chest, pale, bony hands tapping against its arm. It quickly ran after yellow, wandering down the lonesome street of Heart.

***

Tiffany's Café sat on the side of the road, humming with warmth. Inside, the scent of warm, welcoming coffee drifted across soft dim room.

On the side of the café, lay bundles of roses, some hung from the ceiling in small pots. Across the room, the sound of clinkering could be heard amidst the process of coffee making.

Yellow let out a breath, as she contently walked across the room. As her foot clicked against the marble white floors, her eye gazed mesmerised at the roses that lay sculpturesque on the floor.

"Hello, can I have a flat white please."

Yellow's voice was so soft, that it seemed to bring people onto the clouds as they ate cotton candy. The worker froze, as if the voice was honey like sweet and smooth like velvet was a chain that bound her to the desk.

"Yes, miss." And she quickly ran away.

Yellow smiled warmly, as she seemed to have made the room glow a warm pastel yellow. The rain weakened under its light, and the air seemed a little more joyful.

***

As yellow stepped, she couldn't help but feel something had been lifted off her shoulder, like a burden she had carried for so long was gone.

Its yellow dress flowed a bit, as yellow skipped down the road. She looked at the chirping birds and munching bunnies. She laughed before running towards a tree.

Her tree

Dozens upon dozens of flowers sprawled across the fields, pink peonies blossomed with small white tints crawling out through the centre. White carnations dotted the surface of the soil, thick layers of petals hiding the small yellow iris in the centre. Red Poppies as bright as day lay on the bank of a river, the crystal-like water glistening as it flowed down towards the sun.

Where it goes off to, is where everything will have been forgiven.

Yellow jumped as a cold finger tapped on her shoulder.

A figure in a long black coat stood there, with a rose as red as crimson blood.