✦ . ⁺ Dinner ⁺ . ✦

I need y'all to get this chapter to 50 comments and I'll post the next chapter sooner:) don't spam emojis btw.

Happy Reading.

Kashvi lay sprawled out on the bed, her sketchbook resting against her knees as she sketched designs for her newest collection. The room was dimly lit, with only the soft glow of her bedside lamp casting shadows that danced across the walls.

As the clock struck 11, the door creaked open, and Rishiv entered, his silhouette framed by the faint light from the hallway. Despite the late hour, he looked just as good as he had that morning, his features chiseled and his presence commanding.

Deciding to ignore him as she had done countless times before, Kashvi continued her work, her focus undeterred. But Rishiv had other plans, his voice cutting through the silence like a knife.

"Your father has invited us for dinner," he said casually, disappearing into the closet without waiting for a response.

Kashvi's hand paused mid-sketch, her brows furrowing in annoyance. She didn't bother to look up, her attention still fixated on her designs.

"Decline it," she muttered, her tone devoid of any warmth.

She had no desire to return to the place people called her home, a place that had never truly felt like one. The people who resided there had never accepted her, treating her with disdain and contempt. And she wasn't really sure that her stepmother and sister wouldn't try to poison her food. She might not like her life but that doesn't mean she's gonna want to die.

Rishiv emerged from the closet, his expression tight with frustration. He moved to join her on the bed, pushing her legs aside to make room for himself.

"I would if I had a choice," he admitted bitterly, his tone laced with resentment. "But unfortunately, we don't."

Kashvi finally looked up, meeting his gaze with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension.

"What do you mean?" she inquired, her voice soft.

Rishiv's features hardened, his jaw clenched with anger.

"My father," he spat the word as though it left a bitter taste in his mouth, "has ordered us to go. So even if we don't want to, we have to listen to what that asshole says."

Resigning to her fate she continued with her work while Rishiv was on his phone.

-

The next evening, she begrudgingly got ready for dinner in a white sundress with yellow and pink flowers. Her feelings about going to her parents' house hadn't changed since yesterday and she didn't think they ever would.

"Are you done?" Rishiv asked as he walked into the closet.

In a white shirt and black slacks, he looked every part the businessman he was. Maybe that was the point of the outfit, to tell her parents it wasn't a family dinner but just a meeting he was obliged to attend.

Rishiv had no interest in having dinner with those manipulative liars. It had been almost a month since he had gotten married to Kashvi, and so far they'd tried three times to get him back with Shreya, even though he firmly declined every time.

He knew tonight was just another plot to do that, and he would do everything to make it their last one.

Getting into his car, Kashvi settled comfortably for what was going to be a very uncomfortable night for her.

As they parked the car, she heard him murmur, "Let's get this over with."

As they rang the doorbell and waited, Shreya opened the door in the skimpiest outfit Rishiv had ever seen.