✦ . ⁺ Ravishing ⁺ . ✦

It was reception night.

Sara was in the closet getting dressed when there was a knock on her door.

She quickly slipped on a bathrobe and went to open the door to see dadi standing over there.

"Dadi, what are you doing here? You could've just called," she said being polite.

She had mixed feelings towards the old lady.

Ekta Singhania was a conservative lady who still thought that women belonged in the kitchen.

She didn't like the fact that Aarna and Sara both are working ladies. That was why she chose Shreya as her last daughter in law.

But to her luck her last daughter in law was also a working lady.

She's tried many times to convince Sara to quit her job. But Sara always refused.

"Is Arjun back from the office?" Dadi asked.

"Not yet," Sara replied.

"This boy! Call him and ask him to come back now. It's his own brother's reception. How can he be so irresponsible?" Dadi ordered her while leaving.

Sighing, Sara picked up her phone to diall her husband.

The phone rang for 6 rings before he answered.

"I'm busy right now," he said.

She could hear the noises of people in the background.

Why did this man have to go for work on his brother's reception. Now the lady of this house will chew her alive.

"Yeah. I don't care. Dadi wants you to be here right now," she said walking into the closet.

"I told you I'm busy. I'll be there," he said and cut the call.

Sighing in frustration she continued with her makeup.

45 minutes later, she was done.

The makeup enhanced her features to look even more artsy than before. Giving her the soft glam look she was going for.

Another 30 minutes later she was in a translucent light grey saree with tiny flowers scattered on the fabric.

While she was doing her hair, Arjun walked in.

Not paying attention to him she continued with what she was doing.

Putting on some minimal jewellery, she was done.

She looked simple but elegant and that was what she was going for.

Arjun was downstairs in the foyer waiting for her to come.

She ascended down the stairs, wrapped in elegance and sophistication, she looked nothing short of a goddess.

Arjun's breath hitched.

The fabric draped her body perfectly, accentuating her curves along with her perfect sweetheart neckline.

He matched her with his grey 3 piece suit, making them look like the perfect couple for the world.

"So how do I look?" She asked standing infront of him.

Even with heels she only came upto his shoulders and bit of his neck.

"You look," he started.

"Ravishing," he thought but instead finished the sentence with "late. You look late,"

He started to walk towards the car, Sara following closely behind.

His head bodyguard awaited near the car.