Cold Showers

I'm back folks! I might not be able to post for a while, as I have some relatives coming over to my place, so yeah... Anyhow, enjoy!

Spock made his way to his mother's quarters, still quite confused about the Cadet's behavior. He knocked at the door, straightening his clothes- a nervous habit he'd picked up from his father. The door opened to reveal Sarek, whose hair was slightly ruffled. Spock blinked. Perhaps he'd come at an odd time.

"I apologize, father. I will leave now. I believe I have disturbed you-"

"Thank you, son", Sarek said, cutting him off in between. Spock raised a bro. A voice floated by from inside, which Spock recognized to be his mother's.

"Sarek dear, who is it?"

"No one, thyla", Sarek called back, seemingly in a hurry. Spock was now thoroughly confused. He had never heard his parents use such terms of endearment.

Amanda walked to the door just then, wearing a robe, her hair slightly messy.

"Babe don't lie to- oh, Spock!"

Spock blinked again. He wondered why his parents were behaving oddly.

"Come on in, sweetheart", Amanda said, gently touching Spock's shoulder. Spock stiffened, but said nothing.

"Mother, I..." Spock began, before halting upon realizing that his father was looking intently at him. Amanda noticed too, and was quick to shoo him out.

"Sarek, go."

"But-"

"Sarek!"

"Very well then."

With that, Sarek walked out, head held high; a Vulcan version of throwing a tantrum, according to Amanda. Spock's lips quirked, as he found his parents' playful bickering entertaining. Amanda turned to him, and smiled, gesturing him to go on.

"Mother, I am confused with regards to Cadet Whitlock's behavior", Spock said, coming to the point. Amanda's eyes widened.

"Oh no, tell me all about it."

"Why must you assume that what I wish to speak with you is problematic?"

"I just know, Spock."

Spock raised a brow, making Amanda sigh. Her son had yet to learn many things.

"I'm a mother, Spock, I think I would know if something is bothering my baby."

"Cadet Whitlock is behaving quite... strangely for the past couple of days, mother." Spock began, and retold the tale of why their sessions on Vulcan training had stopped, and the Cadet's confusing demeanor.

Amanda's eyes widened by the minute. She knew exactly where this was going.

"Um, Spock? Does she like, you know, uh- fidget a lot, or blush when around you?"

"Affirmative."

"Does she stutter?"

"Affirmative."

"Does avert her eyes when you look at her?"

"Affirmative."

"Does she-"

"Mother, I do believe we are going as you would say,'way off the topic'", Spock said, amused yet irritated.

Amanda began to pace by the bed, muttering something along the lines of 'what the hell', 'this is not happening', and 'we're so doomed'. Spock waited for her patiently, his hands clasped together firmly. Amanda then stopped pacing, and sat next to Spock abruptly.