|41| The heat of the moment

Giving my tenth lap around the hallway I try my best to keep my shit together

Giving my tenth lap around the hallway I try my best to keep my shit together. Stay by the door if that will make you feel better. Is she serious? What does she think she is doing? Going with that man she doesn't even know to her room? Our room. Is she nuts?

I knew that fucker was trouble the moment he sat down beside her, even if she was the one to initiate the conversation. Why the fuck did she even do that? She is not that type of person, she hates making useless conversation with strangers. Maybe she knows him? He was quick to make her laugh, too quick. Way quicker than I was. They could be friends? But I had never heard of him and he was like ten years older than her, didn't look like a model either, even if he was indeed handsome.

Fuck it, I have to stop this. But can I? Technically I have no right to, not if she isn't in danger and she didn't seem to be. I can hear them laughing from inside the room. It is driving me insane.

She has to be doing this on purpose, there's no way she is actually going to sleep with that man, right? She simply wants to get to me, to play with me like we have always done. There's no way she will sleep with that dude. That dude who even if I hate to admit it, looked like a fun polite man... Fuck. Why wouldn't she sleep with him? She is free to do whatever she wants.

Am I jealous...? Who am I kidding? Of course, I am.

"Wanna take that drink to my bedroom?" I hear her say, and then notice the steps of them walking farther away into the hotel room.

Breathe, Miles, she is safe, this is not your job... Nah, to hell with this shit.

Taking out of my key I burst inside the room and walked straight into Gianna's bedroom. Opening her door in a hurry and planted myself between her and the so-called Tobias.

"Get out," I tell him, clearly and concisely, giving no room for misinterpretation. He is not fucking touching her.

"Okay." To my surprise, the motherfucker only nods, giving a step back and walking away from the bedroom.

"What do you think you are doing?" Gianna snaps, putting herself directly in front of me and reaching for Tobias' hand.

"What do I think I'm doing? What are you doing? Were you really about to sleep with a random man who's about ten years older than you?" I shout, not able to keep myself together any longer. Looking between her and the man standing right behind her.

"What if I was? In fact, why would that be of your concern? You said you had no interest in me, that we had to keep this professional yet you come barging in like a crazy jealous boyfriend?" She also starts shouting, pushing me back and moving closer to Tobias.