CHAPTER 25 -Devil's Sea-

Start from the beginning

'To leave On residuals on a person... Only an Upper rank of the E-10 can do that! Could it be...' Her eyes widened in shock as the truth dawned upon me like a bolt of lightning in the darkness.

Quatro

Quatro. The name reverberated through her mind, sending a chill down her spine.

'If Quatro was truly among them, then Alluka... might never wake up!' Her eyes widened.

'If that's the case, we need the Blue Core. But I doubt the Briefs still have it.' Tress bit her fingernails as desperation clawed at her chest, grappling with the grim reality of the situation.

'Unless we can find someone who can extract the On residual on her. But only the E-10 upper rank can do that! Other than that... it's death.'

'The one thing On seeks.'

*******************

The atmosphere in the restaurant's inn was serene, with the gentle hum of conversation and the occasional clink of cutlery echoing softly against the rustic wooden walls. Ringo's voice cut through the air, breaking the thoughtful silence.

"Alluka won't be waking up any time soon. So, what now? Should we put our mission on hold?" she asked, her brow furrowed in concern.

"No. We're heading to the Devil's Sea." Killua's gaze was steely as he shook his head.

Confusion flickered across the faces of his companions at the unexpected choice.

"We can't take her there with us. There's too much variability about the Devil's Sea. We can't take any risks," Tress spoke up.

"You're not going to leave your sister behind, are you?" Gon asked, his eyes reflecting the worry he felt for Alluka, who was still bedridden.

Killua's lips curled into a confident smile as he leaned back in his chair. "Yeah, I'm leaving Alluka behind, but she won't be alone," he assured them cryptically, a hint of mystery dancing in his eyes.

"What do you mean?" Gon pressed, curiosity lacing his voice.

"I already called up a few old buddies, they should arrive here by now." Killua stared at his wristwatch.

"Old buddies?" Gon wondered.

SLAM!

Before Killua could respond, the inn's door burst open with a resounding slam, drawing the attention of everyone in the room. There was a man in a crisp white suit, his absurdly styled pompadour catching the light as he grinned widely.

"Yo, Gon, Killua! It's been a long time," Knuckle greeted cheerfully, waving enthusiastically as he entered.

Gon's eyes widened in delight as he recognized the newcomer.