Chapter 17: The Takeover Pt 3

Simba and the rest of the Lion Guard dashed over to where Kion layed. What they witnessed left them gasping in horror.

"K-Kion," Simba choked out, tears
streaming down his face. The rest of the Guard couldn't hold it
together either, bawling at the sight of their leader sprawled in a pool of blood, bones shattered, and blood oozing from his nose and mouth. It was a gut-wrenching scene that hit them hard.

Simba approached his son, who was surrounded by Nala, Kiara, and Kovu, all of them crying. "N-Nala, is he alive?" Simba stuttered as he choked out the words.

"He is, but it's not looking good," Nala said, tears streaming down her face. "We have to do something! He needs healing!" Kiara exclaimed, her voice cracking with emotion as Kovu wrapped an arm around her for support.

"Fuli, go get Rafiki!" Simba's command was urgent as he looked to Fuli. Without hesitation, Fuli nodded and dashed off to find Rafiki, her paws pounding against the ground in a frantic sprint.

Fuli burst into Rafiki's domain, her voice echoing through the jungle as she called out urgently, "Rafiki! Rafiki, where are you?!" After a moment, Rafiki's head popped out from his tree, his eyes wide with surprise. "Fuli? What's the matter?" he inquired.

"It's Kion, Rafiki. He's hurt bad, really bad," Fuli explained breathlessly, her heart racing with worry. Rafiki's expression shifted to one of concern as he grasped the severity of the situation. Without hesitation, he followed Fuli, his staff clutched tightly in his hand, as they hurried back to where Kion lay, his mind already racing with thoughts of how to help the young prince.

As Rafiki and Fuli arrived where Kion lay, the scene was grim. Simba, Kiara, Kovu, Nala, and the rest of the Guard clustered around, their faces etched with worry and fear. Rafiki wasted no time, his ancient wisdom guiding his every move as he approached Kion's side.

Simba's heart clenched as he watched Rafiki begin his healing ritual, his mind consumed with prayers for his son's recovery. "Hang in there, Kion," he whispered, his voice trembling with emotion. Kiara wrapped an arm around her father, her own tears mingling with his as they waited for any sign of improvement.

Kovu stood close by, his usually stoic expression softened by concern. "He's strong, Nala. Kion will pull through," he murmured, offering what little comfort he could to his mother in law. Nala nodded, her eyes never leaving Kion's still form. "I know, but it's so hard to see him like this," she replied, her voice choked with emotion.

Meanwhile, the Guard huddled together, their usual banter replaced by somber silence. "We have to believe that Rafiki can help him," Beshte said, his deep voice filled with conviction. "Yeah, Kion's tough. He'll make it," Bunga chimed in, though the uncertainty in his voice betrayed his fears.

Ono hovered above them, his sharp gaze fixed on Kion. "We just have to have faith and give Rafiki the time he needs," he said, his voice steady despite the anxiety gnawing at him.

Minutes stretched into agonizing hours as Rafiki worked tirelessly, his chants filling the air with a sense of hope and desperation. But as time wore on, his expression grew graver, his movements more solemn. "He's not doing well," Rafiki finally admitted, his voice heavy with sorrow. "Kion is in a coma."

The words hung in the air like a heavy cloud, and a collective gasp escaped the gathered group. Simba, Kiara, Nala, Kovu, and the Guard were overcome with grief once more, tears flowing freely as they grappled with the harsh reality of Kion's condition.

Simba's voice cracked as he tried to find the strength to speak. "We can't lose him," he choked out, his words a desperate plea to the heavens. Kiara clung to her father, her sobs echoing his anguish, while Nala buried her face in her paws, unable to bear the sight of her son in such pain.