Chapter 3: The Dream

"HEVI KABISA" Kion shouted as he looked down. "What is this grandfather Mufasa?" Kion asked. Before Mufasa could answer Kion was thinking about what he saw, he was wondering if it was real or not. He felt that it was all fake, suddenly Kion heard his grandfather talk. "Kion, what you are seeing now is what will happen to the PrideLands in the upcoming months" Mufasa said as he watched the PrideLands burn and turn into ashes. "I-Is it true, is this what will happen grandfather" Kion asked with the look of fear in his eyes . "Yes, Kion this is true, evil has returned and if you can't wake up from your coma, I'm afraid that the PrideLands will end" Mufasa said as he turned to his grandson. "What do you mean?" Kion asked. "Kion, you have to power to stop this destruction, you have the power to defeat evil." Mufasa said as he looked at Kion. Kion turned his head back and saw the PrideLands engulfed in flames. "I understand grandfather, but how can I wake up from this coma? How will I be able to help the PrideLands?" Kion asked worriedly. "Kion to wake up you must first understand that saving the PrideLands might cost you your life." Mufasa said with a clear voice. "I am willing to do anything just to make sure that my home is safe." Kion said with determination. "Very well Kion, I'm proud of you, you will wake up in the next few minutes" Mufasa said as he started to disappear. "Remember Kion, I will always be there for you, till the PrideLands end, although you must remember who you are in times of doubt" Mufasa said as he disappeared. "Remember who I am in times of doubt" Kion said to himself.

Suddenly Kion's world went black, he could hear voices around him but could not see anything or anyone. -End of Kion's pov.

Kiara and Rani started to walk out of Pride Rock's den, they walked to edge of Pride Rock. "Kion always made sure that these lands were safe from any type of dangers" Kiara said with a hint of sadness in her voice. "Can you tell me about some of the things Kion has done to protect the PrideLands" Rani asked. "Okay" Kiara said. "I'll start with the time he saved the PrideLands from a huge fire" Kiara said. Rani nodded and listened to Kiara.

Kiara's story:

"It was a normal day in the PrideLands, Kion and his friends were doing their usual morning patrol through the PrideLands, everything was going smoothly and Kion made his way back to Pride Rock for breakfast. Suddenly we smelt smoke coming from Kilio Valley, the place where the elephants live. We all ran to Kilio Valley to try and help put out the big fire. When we arrived, the fire was twice as big since we left Pride Rock. Kion saw that the situation was out of control and he decided that everyone in the PrideLands should evacuate and go to Mbali fields, Mbali fields is on the edge of the PrideLands, the safest place from the fire as it was far away from it. Kion had everyone evacuate and we all went to Mbali fields, suddenly we saw Kion running back to Pride Rock, we tried to stop him but to no avail. "KION, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" I Shouted. "To save the PrideLands from the fire" Kion said to me as he continued running back. We decided to stay and protect the animals just in case any trouble arrived. Kion ran to the top of Pride Rock which was engulfed in flames, it burnt him, but Kion decided to ignore the pain and push through it. When he made it to the top of Pride Rock Kion used the Roar to make it rain heavily and stop the fire, but in doing so Kion nearly lost his life. When we saw that the fire was out, we returned to the inner lands and made sure everyone was safe. As I made my way back up to Pride Rock with my mom and dad we saw Kion laying down, his fur burnt, he was awake which was good but he was in so much pain. He recovered after 2 months." Kiara explained to Rani. Rani was shocked, she was speechless. - End of Kiara's story about Kion.

Kiara and Rani walked back into Pride Rock's den when suddenly they saw Kion waking up. "Kion?! Your awake!" Kiara shouted as she ran up to her brother. "Are you okay?" Kiara asked. "Yeah, I'm fine just a little sore" Kion responded. Kiara layed down next to Kion, she began so nuzzle him. "Kiara are you okay?" Kion asked worried for his older sister. "Yea, I'm fine just worried for you" Kiara said as she began to stand up. "I should go tell everyone that you are awake." Kiara said as she began to walk out. Kion nodded at his sister.

As Kion was going to lay down, he heard a voice call his name, "Kion?", Kion looked up to see who it was, suddenly he saw Rani. "Oh, hey Princess Rani, how are you doing?' Kion asked. "Please just call me Rani, I'm doing fine, I was just worried about you." Rani said as she sat across from Kion. "Worried about me?" Kion asked in total confusion. "Yea, whenever I see an animal get hurt trying to protect me or my family, I always get nervous thinking that they would die." Rani explained to Kion. "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to bother you and make you nervous" Kion said with a sorrowful voice. "It's fine Kion, I consider you as my friend" Rani said with a smile. "Thanks Rani" Kion said. Even though Kion fell in love with Rani at first sight, he didn't want to pressure Rani because they just met.

Kiara walked into the den with Simba and Nala, they Lion Guard followed closely behind. "How are you feeling Kion?" Simba asked. "I'm okay just a little sore" Kion said to his father. The Lion Guard were happy knowing that Kion was okay and decided to leave the den to give him some time with his family because they knew that Kion spends a lot of time with them. Sahasi and Ananda walked in and sat next to Simba and Nala. "How are you feeling Kion?" Ananda asked. "I feel good just a little sore, but overall, nothing to serious" Kion explained. "Thank you Kion, you are a brave, strong, kind and selfless lion, thank you for protecting us from the hyenas" Sahasi said. "It was my duty to protect you your majesties" Kion replied.

Rafiki walked in the den and told everyone to leave so that Kion could get some rest. As Rafiki approached Kion, Kion said "Rafiki, I had a strange dream". "What did you dream about young prince?" Rafiki asked. "I had a dream that I woke up and saw my grandfather mufasa standing next to me, he told me to follow him, when I did, he stopped and told me to look down. When I looked down, I saw the PrideLands engulfed in flames and everything was turning to ashes. My grandfather said that evil was coming and that I was the only one who will be able to stop it, he said saving the PrideLands might cost me my life, I told him that I am willing to do anything just to make sure that my home is safe, then he said to remember who I am in times of doubt." Kion explained his dream to the old wise mandrill. Rafiki stood there in shock trying to process what the young prince just said, then Rafiki spoke "Kion, what your grandfather told you is correct, evil will try to destroy the PrideLands, but as your grandfather said, you will save the PrideLands, but you might end up losing your life" Rafiki explained to Kion. Kion just sighed and went to sleep. Rafiki walked out of the den and went back to his tree.

Rani and Kiara went for a walk through the PrideLands and were just talking about their lives. The two princesses and soon to be queens were getting along very well. "Rani, do you have a mate?" Kiara asked. "No, I don't" Rani answered. "Do you have one Kiara?" Rani asked. "Yes, I do his name is Kovu, he went to visit his sister Vitani, she lives in the northern parts of the PrideLands" Kiara explained. "That's awesome Kiara" Rani said. "Well don't you want a mate?" Kiara asked. "I do, but I want to find the right person, I want someone who is strong, brave, kind, selfless and has a good sense of duty, he needs to care for his people and need to be a good leader" Rani described. Kiara chuckled at Rani's description of her perfect mate. "What's so funny?" Rani asked. "Oh, it's nothing, I just find it funny because you just described my brother" Kiara said as she began to giggle a little. "Ugh Kiara, I don't think me and Kion will be mates, we barely know each other and I consider him as my friend, he also thinks the same" Rani explained to Kiara. "Okay, but you never know what will happen in the future" Kiara said. Rani rolled her eyes at Kiara's statement. Suddenly the two were ambushed by Janja and his hyena's. "Look at what we have here, I think we just found ourselves some dinner boys." Janja said as he began to laugh manically. The hyena's started to surround Kiara and Rani. The two lionesses were too scared to even speak, suddenly a thunderous roar was heard, everyone looked up in shock. "N-No it can't be, you died". Janja said in fear.

This is the end of Chapter 3, hope you enjoyed it. I'll be working on Chapter 4 very soon, Remember to have a great day:)

Word count: 1680