36. she had a full mag

𖦹

𖦹

                      THERE HAS BEEN TOO many hitched breaths taken from Sadie Finch as she recounted her life right before she'd thought it would end.

           Too many seeing Koa as her last thought, content with that's who she goes with in mind.

              Yet, each time—she's opened her eyes to a dark ceiling or dark sky or in this instance—the smoky haze that floats across a bright blue sky.

Snarls are the next thing she hears and then a constant ringing. A ringing that travels to her brain harshly as she sits up. Sadie hisses, closing her eyes and then opening them again to remember all that has happened today.

            Hershel is dead and at the hands of The Governor. She was nearly him, it should've been her.

She's who he wanted dead but he had to fuck with her mind one last time. The warmth of his blood flashes across her mind. Her shaking hand holds her face, feeling the dried blood that has stuck to her skin. With a deep breath, Sadie forces herself to take in the rest of her surroundings.

               To her left—what's left of the prison. Sadie gulps, realizing she doesn't fully remember getting blown up. "Fuck!" Sadie curses as a headache pounds against her forehead. The ringing intensifies but the snarls are still evident. Debris surrounds her, coating her clothing with the ashes of a once home. Once Sadie fully turns her head to the right, her heart drops.

Glenn—unconscious and nearly walker food.

                "Shit," Sadie curses again, crawling over despite the pain that comes with every move of her muscles, "Come on," She pulls Glenn further away from the ledge, making sure to keep his assault rifle steady. With a grunt and a small sob, Sadie gets him to the middle of the platform they've found themselves on.

             Feeling the sudden commotion, Glenn's eyes flutter open. He takes a second to take in his surroundings and pain as he groans, grabbing hold of Sadie's forearm. A wave of relief flows through Sadie, even a small smile when he forces himself up. Glenn offers her a hand which she takes on wobbly knees. The pain is nearly unbearable now as Sadie yelps out in pain, holding her head.

              Glenn just pulls her closer before yanking open the rusty cell door. He takes a deep breath, staring down at the walkers, "Maggie?! Maggie?!" But no one responds except the monsters below them, leaving them to fear she fell victim to them.

          "K—Koa?!" Sadie squeaks out, chest beginning to heave when she realizes she's lost her sister again.

            Glenn clenches his jaw, "We—We gotta go," He adjusts his weapon around him. Sadie sniffles, lungs burning but she follows him into the prison. Their eyes harshly adjust to the dark hallway compared to the bright sun, quietly making their way down it. Sadie is right behind Glenn, her hand hovering over his back when he finds a lantern. It gives them the much needed light but none the less still creepy.