Part XVIII

Three Months later

Kathia's pov

Summer in New York is excruciatingly hot , I had to constantly survive the summers with the help of full blown air conditioner. I reached the parking area of my workplace and pushed myself to get out from my chilly car to walk the 300 meters to the entrance.

I finished a meeting with one of our advisors in a nearby restaurant and I was getting back to my office when I caught a shadow in the corner of my eye. I hurried my feet towards the entrance when a hand covered my nose with a strange smell and everything went blank.

***

I heard shush voices around me and fought with my eyes to stay closed, someone kidnapped me.

I could feel I was in a sitting position and my hands were tied to my back. My nose and neck were still burning from the smell that enveloped them earlier in the parking area and my mouth was taped shut.

When I heard a door open and close, I knew I was alone in the room. I opened my eyes feeling like someone put sand in them and closed them back swiftly when a bright light enveloped them. I tried again, this time slower than the first try and tried to assimilate my surroundings.

I don't know the place, it was a bedroom from the looks of it, really bright and high above the streets. I struggled to get closer to the huge window to get more information about where I am.

Nothing was hurting except my nose and neck so they didn't inflict any damage on my body. Great, no broken bones, I raised myself from the floor and inched closer to the window.

I didn't recognise the area, it was an industrial point somewhere around New York but the skyscrapers were still in my lane of vision, just further away.

Loud voices came from the other door and I went back to my initial spot but kept my eyes open this time.

I braced myself to face my kidnappers when Megan's head, Ansel's ex PA, popped through the cracked door. What the fuck?

'You really kidnapped her, you crazy motherfucker.' she said through gritted teeth. She was prepped up for something , she was wearing a nice olive colored dress which hugged her body and plump cream colored heels. 'Well now that you're awake we'll have to let you in our plan, don't we?' she released the door and took a few steps in my direction. She stopped in front of me and crouched down with a amazed look on her face.

Thomas's face came into view as well after a few moments but didn't come closer to me. He crossed his arms over his chest, watching me with a smirk on his face.

'What's next?' Megan asked still watching me closely.

'I don't know yet. It's been a few hours since I took her.'

'And your phone didn't ring like crazy?' Megan turned her body towards Thomas, still crouching in my face.

'Not at all. ' he responded with a frown, 'Maybe he didn't get the message?' he took his phone out of his pocket and checked for something for a few moments.

'I guess we'll have to push some buttons, right?'

With a nod Thomas agreed and moved fast towards me, making me push my body further into the wall. 'I'll remove the tape from your mouth so don't scream, ok?' he looked me down with predator eyes, a look I never saw on his face before.

I nodded softly, afraid that any harsh movement could tick him off somehow. He roughly ripped the tape off of my mouth, with it ripping some of the skin on my lips. Stinging and discomfort hit my nerves and I squirmed in my place.

'Ow, I'm so sorry, did that hurt?' Thomas asked with a sick smile on his face.

'Crazy bastard.' I muttered out pushing myself towards his face.

'Whoa, feisty.' he said grabbing a fistful of my hair. 'I'm going to call your boyfriend, and you are going to squeeze him up for money.'

I watched him with my eyes squinted, I felt like the skin from my scalp will just peel off if I move too fast.

'Fuck you.' I growled out defiantly, with my last powers I spat in his face with disgust.

He licked my spit off of his lips and smiled viciously at me, the skin on the back of my neck rose and bale piled up at the back of my throat. With a gulp I swallowed everything down and tried to look as calm as possible.

My mind was going in overdrive, a panic attack was coming and I braced myself for it. He released my head and pressed my phone to his ear.

'Quiet now, let's see what your boyfriend is up to.' He pressed the loudspeaker button on my phone and turned the screen to me.

A few moments of silence followed and somehow my attack stopped when I squinted my ears for sound from his phone.

After the second ring Ansel's voice boomed from the other side of the call making tears pile up in my eyes, my vision getting blurry.

'Kathia, where are you? Your car is in your parking spot.' his voice sounded worried, panicked even and more tears formed in my eyes.

I kept my mouth shut, afraid that if I say something I'll start crying.

'Schatz?' his voice was begging me to respond and I shook my head as if he could see me.

'Speak.' Thomas hissed next to me with a whisper.

'A- Ansel...' my voice broke just by saying his name and crying became unbearable to hold. My lips were stinging and a ringing in my ears was making me unfocused.

'Schatz, where are you?' shuffling noise came as he moved around in his office and clicking sound from his keyboard.

'My friend,' Thomas took the phone from my reach and left the room with a scowl. He shut the door behind and left me alone again on the floor.

Ansel's pov

'My friend, how are you?' Thomas's voice came from the other side of the phone and I had to take a double look to see if the called id was Kathia.

'What the fuck do you think you're doing?' I growled into the phone with a animalistic tone.

My fingers were running down the keyboard tracking Kathia's Iphone. She was in a secluded area at the south edge of New York, there were just warehouses around that side and one single housing complex for the workers.

'Well Kathia decided to pay me a visit and I thought why not let you know about it. You know, with her being a cunt and all, you can never trust her enough.'

I had to hold out the call as long as possible so I can precisely track the phone. 'Where is she?'

'Now what would you be able to pay for that information?' he let out a pensive noise from the other side and my fingers were holding the phone so tight they turned white.

'Well you know my initial request, but I'll have to add another million. You know, expenses and shit.' his voice was so laid back and secure that it scared the hell out of me for Kathia's safety. 'Also, boss, ' he said boss with so much venom and hatred that my fear just intensified, 'If you want to have Kathia back, unscathed, I advise you make haste and run to your bank because my patience is running low.' with that he closed the call and a text message followed immediately after.

'Kathia: You have six hours.'

I left out a primal growl and pressed Mike's number.

'Hello my dear friend.' he responded with a happy tone like he usually fakes. He must have people around.

'Remember what I told you about?'

'Yes.' his tone changed and the noise around him died.

'Tonight.'