𝟑𝟒, 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝?

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝?
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

I woke up to the sun glaring on my face making it hard to see as I let out a stretch, mornings in Cousins were always the best because it rarely rained here and when it did rain you knew it was going to be a bad day. As my eyes adjusted to the light I found myself startled when I realised I wasn't in my room and a sleeping Conrad was opposite me with no shirt on.

I shook my head as I quickly got up and brushed past him into the kitchen; a figure in a black dress stood by the sink and for a moment I could've sworn it was Susannah but that would be silly, right?

"Mom, hi," It was Skye as they tapped Aunt Julia's shoulder as a gesture for her to stop filling the already full vase.

I suddenly felt vulnerable in my oversized t-shirt and shorts as the two stood before me. It still felt odd that they were here, after all, this wasn't their home. I went to walk back out before I was stopped by Skye's voice, I cursed under my breath before turning back round.

"Oh hey, Olivia."

"Hey," I smiled before slowly walking forward, "I uh, just smell muffins," I pointed to the tray, I loved an early morning muffin run.

Skye gestured for me to take one with a welcoming smile before they were stopped by Julia, "Uh, those are for the open house," She smiled but it felt patronising as I stepped back from surprise.

I felt a figure breeze behind me as Conrad put his hand on the small of my back, "Do I smell muffins?" He shared a look with me before reaching down for one of the baked goods.

"It's for the open house!" Julia scolded.

"Well then I've got to make sure you aren't poisoning them," He spoke with his mouth full making me roll my eyes.

"You know that's a strategy we hadn't thought of yet," I acted surprised as I pointed a finger at Conrad and he agreed whilst licking his lips.

"You didn't tell me she was here, too." He rolled his eyes as he looked at Skye.

"It's 'they' not 'she'." They corrected making me smirk at Conrad's mistake, "God, I guess it's been like a decade since I saw you guys."

By this point, the muffins must've attracted the attention of the others as it seemed nearly everyone was downstairs roaming around. It must've been getting to Julia because she was making disapproving noises in the corner.

"How many of you are here?" She questioned with a serious tone.

I pretended to count on my fingers before shrugging my shoulders making the others hold back their laughter.