𝟏𝟏, 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰:⋆

𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝
𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰:
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・☼

My mind was clouded like dark storm clouds that would conceal the sun from its glory, Olivia's words from these past few weeks wouldn't stop playing in my head. It killed me because I knew she was right- that was the worst part.

It felt like no matter what I did or didn't do I would mess things up and it always ended up with the same person being hurt. But it pained me to see her miserable because of me, even from the first day they arrived I could see the sadness in her eyes when I wasn't my usual self.

But how could I be? How could I be myself when I have this constant dagger in my back dragging me down from the secret that I shouldn't even know?

But that was beside the point, I had to pretend it wasn't really happening, I had to act for the others and partly myself that my mom wasn't sick again because I couldn't face the truth.

Which is why I'm now on a boat, with Cleveland, pulling rotted wood away from the pannels. The whole thing was rotted, it was like an infection it just kept spreading and spreading; it never ended.

"God, this is bad, man." I groaned, becoming increasingly frustrated with the amount of rot as I tore the wood apart.

"Fսck! Ow." This was all that I needed, I pulled the piece of wood from my finger and ignored the pain as I kept pulling the wood. There had to be at least one piece that was savable.

"You're a little on edge, my friend." Cleveland stepped forward carefully which made me feel like I was a piece of glass that would shatter at any wrong move.

"It's been a bad week."

"Is your dad back in town?"

"No, other stuff."

"How are things looking with that girl?"

"Not good." This other girl that I had told him about was Olivia, she's driving me crazy and he's the only person I've told because even if he does have something going on with Laurel I know he won't go telling people.

"And this isn't looking good either, man. I mean, it just keeps going and going. The whole goddamn thing is infected, and I didn't notice. It's everywhere, and I didn't notice!" I threw the wood to the side, how could I have been so stupid not to notice? I had been on this boat for weeks.